Boba

Wheel Coating

Time to change from my winter wheels back to summers.

Any recommendations for treatment before I put them on to make them a bit easier to keep clean?

5 hours ago, Boba said:

Time to change from my winter wheels back to summers.

Any recommendations for treatment before I put them on to make them a bit easier to keep clean?

I polished mine with Autoglym and then coated with a couple of layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Seemed to work ok over the winter. Did the same for the summers I put back on a few weeks ago.

Edited by Matthew Ashton

I use Autoglym every other week. Wheel dust never pits wheels,  dust washes away with wool mitt, inside of wheels cleaned with wheel woolies.

EB17DE05-A4FA-4924-82C4-4EEA5F998E9D.jpeg

Edited by rlowy

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:35, rlowy said:

I use Autoglym every other week. Wheel dust never pits wheels,  dust washes away with wool mitt, inside of wheels cleaned with wheel woolies.

EB17DE05-A4FA-4924-82C4-4EEA5F998E9D.jpeg

Very nice!

Poorboys wheel sealant is very good, as is Smartwax Rimwax

However, I use Autoglym’s Aqua Wax, it’s easy to apply and lasts a good few washes, brake dust just rinses off with the snow foam and rinse part of the car cleaning and reapply when you come to the end of the car wash/drying etc

Obviously easier if you’ve got alloys that you can get your hands through the spokes etc

On 27/04/2019 at 08:31, d_a_n1979 said:

Poorboys wheel sealant is very good, as is Smartwax Rimwax

However, I use Autoglym’s Aqua Wax, it’s easy to apply and lasts a good few washes, brake dust just rinses off with the snow foam and rinse part of the car cleaning and reapply when you come to the end of the car wash/drying etc

Obviously easier if you’ve got alloys that you can get your hands through the spokes etc

Exactly what I do - used it from day 1 on the paintwork too. Still looks brand new when cleaned.

I’ve tried loads of these sealants over the years, Chem guys, poor boys, megs, nano tech coatings etc and to be fair they’ve worked alright, but I started using collinite 845 insulator wax on the paint work (which is fantastic) then thought, what the Crp may as well try it on the alloys, and it works, it works bloody well! Plus they sparkle as well, win win! Give it a go !

I use a heavily diluted bilberry to clean of the dust, couple of squirts and they are like new again!

Edited by TK421