apples12

Looking to get a g30/31, driving assistant?

Hi all

I'm looking to jump ship from my f10 to a g30 or g31 530d (diesel as I do 25-30,000 miles a year) and I was curious to know what people think of the driving assistant aides on the new g series cars.

Is the active cruise any good? (I used it on a Volvo I had on hire while in for the EGR recall and loved it - made the motorway commute a breeze)

Does the lane keep assist actually do its job or is it too intrusive?

Any other must haves?

At the moment I'm looking at anything which has comfort seats, split seats if g30 but leaning towards a g31 with buggies/car seats etc, icon headlights. 

Not looking at an msport as I prefer the comfort over looks unless it's one which has adaptive dampers.

May also consider a 6gt

Any advice appreciated

3 hours ago, apples12 said:

Hi all

I'm looking to jump ship from my f10 to a g30 or g31 530d (diesel as I do 25-30,000 miles a year) and I was curious to know what people think of the driving assistant aides on the new g series cars.

Is the active cruise any good? (I used it on a Volvo I had on hire while in for the EGR recall and loved it - made the motorway commute a breeze)

Does the lane keep assist actually do its job or is it too intrusive?

Any other must haves?

At the moment I'm looking at anything which has comfort seats, split seats if g30 but leaning towards a g31 with buggies/car seats etc, icon headlights. 

Not looking at an msport as I prefer the comfort over looks unless it's one which has adaptive dampers.

May also consider a 6gt

Any advice appreciated

I have the Driving Assistant Plus package on my 6GT and love it. The Active Cruise Control is a dream and works very well. The lane control assistant is only as good as the white lines on the road but I used both in combination for a couple of 1500 mile jaunts to the continent in December and February and it made for a very relaxing drive. The lane change warning is very good too highlighting cars alongside or in the blind spot through a lit triangle in the side mirrors.