wolfman

PDC proximity problem

Ok I have had our e39 for 2 years now with no problems with the pdc. I have just had to take mine into the bmw dealers in cobham for a recall on the drivers airbag. Since I have had it back the pdc has no gradual proximity warning, all of the sensors  will only work about 12" away there is no gradual build up of beeps it is all or nothing. Bmw's did say they only did a diagnostic to the airbag but I think they have done something. What in you experience is going on?.

Ask them to run a free diagnostic to prove their innocence. INPA or Navcoder can be used to check distances but imho it’s likely to be coincidence and a faulty PDC sensor. They do fail. One of mine failed when the car was only a year old!

1 hour ago, Mashmanu said:

Ask them to run a free diagnostic to prove their innocence. INPA or Navcoder can be used to check distances but imho it’s likely to be coincidence and a faulty PDC sensor. They do fail. One of mine failed when the car was only a year old!

All of the senors are working if you go near them, but all have the same short range