stu08

Idiot of the day award goes to.......me! PHOTOS ADDED

On 03/04/2019 at 20:35, gine39530d said:

60 quid perhaps?

bloody stealerships

asked in krakow bmw dealership how much was to run inpa checks on the engine

asked for 500 zlots

or 125 euros.... nuts

I can't understand what you are doing to that poor car of yours? Are you trying to re-engineer it?

2 hours ago, gine39530d said:

naaah, just an old 16 years old heap of junk BMW

A lot of the E39s on here are that and older Gin... No one on this forum has ANYWHERE near the amount of issues you do with your car...

Personally I'd scrap the car and start again...

I've seriously considered giving you your own 'sticky' thread; labelling it  'gine530d's trials and tribulations'... :roll: 

Least we could keep the plethora of your posts in there and the question after question...

:) 

31 minutes ago, gine39530d said:

modern cars won't last 15 years, heck they fall apart now after a year or two

There is actually, I believe, some truth in that. I wouldn't suggest that they will 'fall apart' literally but the expense of technical fixes for vehicles, high end marques in particular, may render them beyond economical repair for some.  

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

A lot of the E39s on here are that and older Gin... No one on this forum has ANYWHERE near the amount of issues you do with your car...

Personally I'd scrap the car and start again...

I've seriously considered giving you your own 'sticky' thread; labelling it  'gine530d's trials and tribulations'... :roll: 

Least we could keep the plethora of your posts in there and the question after question...

:) 

I think Gine is trying to re engineer the car....

He has got a lots of problems with it to be fair but most of them are because he is looking for perfection- like with his transmission...

I was in his country a few times and cars there ain't that expensive....

4 hours ago, amazighman said:

I think Gine is trying to re engineer the car....

He has got a lots of problems with it to be fair but most of them are because he is looking for perfection- like with his transmission...

I was in his country a few times and cars there ain't that expensive..

Or even say cheap used parts from recycling plants/ scrappy?! Say maybe a good, used sound autobox with low mileage from a car that's been rear ended?!

Nah, probably not. Best pull it all apart and cock it up worse than it was to begin with......;)

Edited by boiliebasher

4 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

There is actually, I believe, some truth in that. 

I agree. It used to be the tin worm that consigned many cars to the crusher, but now it's probably less likely to be that. The cost of tracking down obscure faults at garage or dealer rates can soon rocket. A friend had an elderly but very smart Audi TT with recurring electrical gremlins. She spent a lot of money trying to get it sorted but in the end sold it with the faults for peanuts.