ZaKaS

Weird ABS/DSC error from nowhere?

Ok, its getting me crazy with this error!!! I didnt have any faults before today. My car little shackes when braking so decided to check brake discs... I started engine set in neutral and turned engine off to leave gearbox in N. lifted car with jack all four sides seperetly and spinned wheels with my hands. After that started engine and got ABS DSC errors, ligts on dashboard and flat tyre monitor fault!!! Tried clear error with Carly and no luck. Driven 10 miles in motorway and errors still shows. What's going on!?!? Did my car broke down becouse I lifted it with jack and spinned wheels with hand :D? Is that possible? I had tyres changed and wheels straighten before and I didn't got any errors after that. Can someone tell my how to fix it? 

DSC_4547.JPG

DSC_4546.JPG

First thing is to reset your tyre pressures in iDrive, if that doesn't work, Connect a code reader to the car and read the wheel speeds to see if you have an ABS sensor problem. Jack the car up again and check all 4 wheels for play, hold each wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock and again at 9 and 3 o'clock and try to rock each wheel. 

Edited by Deviant

Reset tyre pressure not working becouse of ABS error. Maybe you know how to check wheel speeds with Carly? And why that error appeared after I spinned wheels with hand? I don't believe that abs sensor broke at the same time... 

Battery errors are possible, its also likely, the run flat/tyre pressure system thinks you have a flat as the wheel speeds aren't as expected.  You may have a dodgy ABS sensor which is giving different wheel speeds Vs the other three wheels. Or you may have a dodgy wheel bearing that is giving an ABS error as the wheel speed for that wheel is off.  Diagnosing cars over the internet that you can't see or drive is impossible.  Jack the car up and check each wheel for play. ABS sensor next after that. A decent code reader will tell you what wheel to check. 

Edited by Deviant

Rolling road DSC errors clear after 10 miles so it must be something failed?

I did 10 miles today will do tomorrow 50 and see how it goes. Something failed?...hmm I touched only wheels, spinned them and thats it, I even didnt shacked them...

I think the car logged the errors because the wheels rotated unexpectedly.

They may need clearing with a fault code reader and Carly isn't doing it. Usually you can clear a code then it comes back later if the fault is really present. Try a different fault code reader/reset.

Im at work now,  did already almost 40 miles motorway and errors still here... With Carly as JasonH said I tried clearing them but it worked only for few minutes then it shows again. What next I will do is disconnecting battery for around half an hour. What a pain in ass just for lifting car with jack and spinning wheels!!! Now Im scared to open cars hood maybe engine will broke down :D

Disconnecting the battery is a waste of time.

If Carly is clearing the code then it is coming back then there is a fault. It could well be some rust between the sensor ring on the wheel hub and the ABS sensor.

Carly should be able to tell you exactly what the issue is and where (which wheel).

End of story guys! :) after 3 days of driving without cruise control abs/dtc full of other yellow lights on dash, came back after work and decided to check where is problem... Few days ago I did diagnostics with carly and I was getting error Wheels speed front left: Sensor line etc... Bla bla error code 006D9B

Today did diagnostics and I got different message Wheel speed front left Pressure sensor 1 implausible... Error code 005E24 where I started to worry becouse I read about this error where it can be many problems and some expensive... So took front left wheel off, unscrewed abs sensor, cleaned, connected back, started engine and same sh1t same errors. Decided to put everything back becouse I didn't have time and didn't know where to check next. Before reinstalled wheel decided to check wires going from abs connector box to car over sharp plastic edge and was able to see little green wire through tape. I cut tape and bingo!!!!! Abs sensor wire cut in half!!! Connected back together, engine start----dashboard clear and no faults :) happy days, 0 expenses :D I imagine how much it would cost if garage will be fixing my car... I read storrys when garage changed abs units, pumps, sensors and faults still appears maybe it was same problem with wire. Really happy that I found problem wasn't expecting such a easy fix :) attacked photos where wire was cut off, maybe someone needs them. Thanks for help everyone :)

_20190319_220829.JPG

DSC_4549.JPG

DSC_4550.JPG

It's great when you find a nice simple fix like that. Very satisfying when you find that cable and have a little "eureka" moment :D

Keliuss

8 hours ago, keliuss said:

It's great when you find a nice simple fix like that. Very satisfying when you find that cable and have a little "eureka" moment :D

Keliuss

Exactly :D and best is when you find problem like this wich can cause many other problems then you spend a lot of money and don't have a clue what's going on :)