qprdude

So new I haven't got one yet

Am I allowed on here without having a 5 series yet/ I'm dipping my ancient toe into the BMW waters and will be going to look at another 520d today. The last rear wheel drive car I had was a Jaguar S type so I suspect I've forgotten how to drive them. I don't need to get from a to b in the blink of an eye, but I need comfort. Currently I have a Citroen DS5, which is wonderful inside and out.....until you get to the suspension. Absolutely woeful, hence the search for something a little more forgiving that a horse and cart. Is there anything I should be aware of ? The car is a 2011 2.0l D SE. Haven't seen pictures yet, or spec, as it's arriving at the garage today sometime.  I love all the bells and whistles but realise I'm probably going to have to compromise , as I'm never going to get the stuff that the DS5 has as standard. These 5 series look to be pretty well specced though, even the base model. Any advice on what to look out for and what to avoid will be much appreciated. Thanks

P1080551.JPG

Welcome to the forum. For guidance and advice concerning what to look out for when buying, it may be best to copy/paste your thread into the appropriate technical section further down the home page.

Good luck.