Syemondo

530d btool app lambda readings help

Does anyone have any info regarding live data using btool and an elm327 and what values to expect in normal running? 

I recently changed my exhaust manifold due to the usual cracks and while I was at it I cleaned the o2 sensor as it did cause an error. 

Since then I've been monitoring the lambda readings and when warming up it stays at 1 then goes to 1.12 in normal running at 85 degrees+ coolant temp.

The dpf was getting sooted way too quickly and and regening every other day which I assume is overfuelling. Mpg has suffered a bit and as the o2 sensor flagged and error I changed it today. 

Now in btool it is still 1 until warm then it goes up to over 20-30-40 depending on engine load and settles around 3 to 5 on idle. 

I thought the reading was a stoichemetric value but these figures were a bit surprising. 

I wonder if anyone else has experience with this app and the readings I'm getting. Just to know if the values are OK from this app and my brand new o2 sensor is doing it's job. Or do I need to do more testing. 

Thanks

Well just to update those readings must be ok as my typical mixed driving today I've averaged 34.8mpg which is better than the 28 to 30 I've been getting lately. 

It runs nice and is keener to pick up from low revs. Happy days. 

The btool app is handy for forced regens on the go. It keeps clearing error codes as it requests the regen. It's handy if it is clogged up beyond normal operation.