Sign in to follow this  
e30e46e61

Carly Battery registration, sos assist not working

Hi, trouble with my trip computer and time/date data being lost occasionally when I start my 2008 520 lci diesel that I've owned 3 weeks. I have purchased a 110Ah battery and intend to replace the current 80Ah (don't think this is a standard capacity) battery. I will register the battery and change the capacity with Carly. I also have a fault that bongs every time i start the car stating that 'SOS assistance is unavailable'. After some internet trawling it seems that the 2G technology that the system uses was turned off 2 years ago (correct me if any of this is wrong). Would I be able to use Carly to inhibit this alert? Thanks

You will need to code the 110Ah battery using Carly to replace the 80Ah battery as it will have a very different charging characteristics to your existing 80Ah battery 

The 520d didn't come with as big a battery as 110Ah as standard.

5 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Carly will not code out your SOS Assist, you'll need a laptop and cable with BMW software. 

Mmm thanks, I thought Carly may not help. Do you know where I can get hold of what is needed?

Cableshack, Jimmy is a forum sponsor and will sort you out.

Where do you live as you may have one of us close enough to help you?

ive ordered the lead and program from Jimmy. Fingers crossed..i’ll Let you know how I get on. Is there a virgin’s bmw programming guide for this software...I’ve done some plc programming so I hope I’ll work it out but any info would appreciated.