AbidK

BMW M5 30 Jahre Exhaust

Afternoon Guys,

Just purchased a 30 Jahre M5 and wanted to know how to work out if I have a M Performance Exhaust please? Checked the VIN decoder websites but none list it as a optional extra for my car. However the previous owner sent me the attached image which shows a Akrapovic exhaust. I have the carbon tips but just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the actual exhaust please? Is the exhaust the £7k plus option extra or did these come as standard on the 30 Jahre?

Thanks 

IMG_26990-large.jpg

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_26991-large.jpg

You have the £7K exhaust fitted on your car.

If its not showing as specc'd on the VIN decoder then it was fitted after factory.

Previous owner has probably bought it from BMW and got it fitted.

You could end up getting them for about £3.5k / £4K if you got good discounts from BMW.

30 Jahre did not come with the M performance exhaust fitted as standard, it was a cost option.

Hi,

Ask at a number of nearby/close'ish BMW dealers and also even perhaps write to BMW UK to see what that VIN number car's configuration was - online websites aren't BMW themselves. I'm sure somewhere there'll be a full Jahre press release and brochure detailing what the specification and any options were for these examples.

Cheers, Dennis!

Awesome thanks, just couldn’t get any info out of my local Dealers. 

5 hours ago, M5 London said:

You have the £7K exhaust fitted on your car.

If its not showing as specc'd on the VIN decoder then it was fitted after factory.

Previous owner has probably bought it from BMW and got it fitted.

You could end up getting them for about £3.5k / £4K if you got good discounts from BMW.

30 Jahre did not come with the M performance exhaust fitted as standard, it was a cost option.

5 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

Hi,

Ask at a number of nearby/close'ish BMW dealers and also even perhaps write to BMW UK to see what that VIN number car's configuration was - online websites aren't BMW themselves. I'm sure somewhere there'll be a full Jahre press release and brochure detailing what the specification and any options were for these examples.

Cheers, Dennis!

Thanks Dennis.

all the brochures I have seen didn’t have the option listed but now I know it’s definitely the MPE I’m over the moon. 

Thanks