Rmunteanu

Who has more than 700NM on their stock auto transmissions ?

As some of you already know, Im farely new to this forum but i have been religiously devoting a few hours each night to reading through the forum(currently on page 132). The amount of useful material on here is priceless! 

My E61 pre-LCI is currently pushing 402Hp and 812NM. I know these transmissions get maxed out at 700nm but as seen on youtube, my car and in some posts on here they are pushed beyond that. 

How may members do we have on here that are past the "danger zone" and how long have you been with that much power? any problems along the way ? As far as i know there is not known upgrades you can do to "beef up" there transmissions 

Please feel free to chime in! 

Regards, 

Robert

Pre LCi 6HP boxes are only good for 600Nm.  That's their design limit.

What they can handle is a different matter but given their hit or miss reliability, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near what you are putting out without serious modification. 

You would be better to source a 6HP32 box which is good for 750Nm and fitted to the 745d.

15 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Pre LCi 6HP boxes are only good for 600Nm.  That's their design limit.

What they can handle is a different matter but given their hit or miss reliability, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near what you are putting out without serious modification. 

You would be better to source a 6HP32 box which is good for 750Nm and fitted to the 745d.

Trust me, If i could get someone to strengthen up the gearbox i would. From all my research so far the only thing i have come across would be a transmission tune from XHP

I just dont see any other options. I know there is an Audi out there pushing about 900NM on the 6HP26

I think the Ford 6R80 gearbox is really a 6HP26 and there are some uprated clutch plates out there.

There's and Exedy clutch kit I think.

The stronger 6HP gearboxes have a better oil pump for the torque converter lockup clutch that allows greater oil pressure - I think the xHP update increases clutch oil pressure too.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:16 PM, JasonH said:

I think the Ford 6R80 gearbox is really a 6HP26 and there are some uprated clutch plates out there.

There's and Exedy clutch kit I think.

The stronger 6HP gearboxes have a better oil pump for the torque converter lockup clutch that allows greater oil pressure - I think the xHP update increases clutch oil pressure too.

Really ? Do you happen to have a link  to the said clutch ?