Piper

E39 Touring Air Compressor Woes

So yesterday, while having an MOT the compressor decided his life was too much and died. 

So of course that left Kwik Fit with no option but to fail the car with a dangerous defect. I had to get recovered home...:/

About 15 mins ago I went to move the car and the compressor decided he'd made a mistake and wanted to work again! 

Screenshot_20190313_171922_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.97593c66b13347bddf289d1e11e99566.jpg

Anyone got a suggestion as to whats going on? Compressor itself, or relay?? 

Screenshot_20190313_171934_com.whatsapp.jpg

Edited by Piper

Tired that, and battery disconnect, wait then reconnect. 

I did have the error message on check control as well

10 hours ago, ttrw2 said:

Pop it apart and check the solenoids are clean is first port of call - takes longer to remove the boot floor and spare wheel than strip pump to check! 

Cool, that will be my first port of call

If you need a compressor I’ve got s few in garage that could be had cheap enough lol, I get the odd occasional self level inactive message but I think mine is down to level sensor playing up or wiring, as it’s only when damp but ride hight looks ok at all times. 

6 hours ago, e34m525i said:

If you need a compressor I’ve got s few in garage that could be had cheap enough lol, I get the odd occasional self level inactive message but I think mine is down to level sensor playing up or wiring, as it’s only when damp but ride hight looks ok at all times. 

OK, pm me a price. 

Where is the level sensor BTW?