Ifti007

Bmw 530i lci high pressure fuel pump. Bosche any good?

Hi,

Just wondering where can i get a high pressure fuel pump for my 530i lci 2009 plate.

cannot seem to find a place where they sell them likes of ecp etc. I found one place but its a bosche part but the actual image doesnt look like what id say is a hpfp.

has anyone else had to change there fuel pump. My cars mileage is 75000, bit baffled it needs changing. Currently experience fast rate of fuel dropping and get about 200miles out of a full tank, in my books thats bad. I drive legit and get 17mpg. 

All the help is needed, havent been active in this page but some may know me. I had previously a 525d lci, which got burned down from a fire in the battery well.

6E9C62E5-F907-4304-BFC6-6BE8332777A4.jpeg

has diagnostics confirmed its the fuel pump? 

Assuming the car had had a replacement fuel pump under recall it should be ok unless diagnostics says otherwise

These guys have the fuel pump

https://www.c3bmw.co.uk/fuel-pump-e60-e61-e63-e64/p/2971

Good luck

Edited by j525i
web link

Theres nothing regards to a recall. Didnt know there was a recall on the fuel pump..i thought that was for only the owners of a n53 in the US. 

I am having rought and long crank starts some days.

I believe the fuel pump, injectors and coil packs had recalls and replaced so call a dealer and check if yours been done

Edited by j525i
spelling

8 hours ago, Ifti007 said:

Didnt know there was a recall on the fuel pump..i thought that was for only the owners of a n53 in the US.  

Yes, that is my understanding also.

8 hours ago, Ifti007 said:

...I am having rought and long crank starts some days. 

Sounds like leaky injector(s). Error codes should help better diagnose.

Free online diagnostics. N43/N53 https://bimmerprofs.com/online-diagnostics-n43n53/

Requires a  requires time to collect the 60+ INPA data screen shots (GreenShot's with hotkeys helped).

Unlikely in this case but possible that you may be experiencing a something related to this BMW algorithm information:

Long cranking. Oil pressure: https://bimmerprofs.com/long-cranking-oil-pressure/

"or the fuel to be supplied in the cylinders (the engine would start),
in the moment of start the oil pressure has to reach threshold X
(this threshold is not exactly known, because the measuring is very complicated,
information from the manufacturer – zero; "