stu08

BMW E39 535i Project - £200

Good evening all,

I have for sale my 535i pre facelift in Biarritz Blue. 

Bad points:

- Sills are gone, would need welding

- Auto box works in first 3 gears, 4th and 5th cause it to lose drive. If you pull over and switch it off, then restart the engine it resets the issue. I drove the car from Wales using 1 - 3 in Steptronic mode with no issues. 

- Viscous fan clutch needs replacing 

- No lower dashboard, HVAC frame or cigarette lighter tray or radio (I have these brand new parts in my garage, but they are now being used for my new project).

- Leather door cards are in car, but not fitted, was planning on replacing all vapour barriers before refitting (switch packs etc. on back seats)

- Flat rear tyre (was due to fit my 18" style 85's), so wasn't concerned

- Currently SORN

Good Points:

- Bodywork is actually tidy, no major rust apart from sills, usual bootlid and a small patch on passenger rear wheel arch.

- Full sports leather interior

- Brand new centre air vent 

- Brand new A pillar trims fitted

- Brand new C pillar trims fitted

- Engine is very smooth

- Brand new leather auto knob and boot

- Brand new front number plate plinth and chrome trim strip

- High Gloss Grey interior trim

There may be other bits I find too....

£250

You may guess by the price that I'm clearing space for my new project (already have new boxes of BMW parts turning up) so am running out of room. I would love this car to be returned to the road as I was doing - the bodywork really is tidy and would be a shame to lose another V8. However, my head was turnt by another car, hence this has to go.

Edited by stu08

Thanks @chicaneuk

I should also add this has the later 245 PS engine despite being a pre-facelift car. Don't know how unusual that is, but all pre-facelift cars on S plates that I have seen, have had the 235 PS engine.

Edited by stu08

The car appears to have picked up a leak today. Moving from the drive I noticed water dripping out from under the centre of the car (near middle box) and pooling on the floor.

Engine was at operating temperature, yet the water coming from central section of car was cold. Really not sure what it could be.

With this appearing - £200 take it away.

Car will also come with the correct preface interior trim rather than the high gloss grey trim. The preface cars have a different mounting bracket on the centre console frame for the cigarette lighter loom. This means you won't have loose cables under the auto lever frame.

1 hour ago, stu08 said:

The car appears to have picked up a leak today. Moving from the drive I noticed water dripping out from under the centre of the car (near middle box) and pooling on the floor.

Engine was at operating temperature, yet the water coming from central section of car was cold. Really not sure what it could be.

will be condensation dripping out exhaust from sitting .. look at the join of the exhaust sections .. you will see it .. nothing I would say to worry about

1 hour ago, stu08 said:

Could this just be water from body exhaust condensation dripping after it’s moved etc? 

41 minutes ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Or maybe the air con drain if it was switched on?

+1 on air con drain