Could any member please help me i keep getting this on my sat nav i have tried a few different discs but they were copy ones is anybody able to tell me whats wrong 

Thanks in advance 

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

It's usually the laser in the DVD player.

You can replace the DVD unit for around £130 for the part from BMW. Or if you feel ambitious you can replace just the laser in the DVD drive for around £15 but its fiddly and involves soldering.

That's exactly my problem too Mikey.

Jason, would you know the best laser cleaner to try first before going down the replace/repair route please?  I tried one that I have had for years but it may be useless now.

To be honest I seldom use this but a few weeks ago the messages that you have shown earlier started to appear even though I had neither used or removed the disk.  It is an old 2004 business disc but I have tried a borrowed newish one with the same messages coming up.  I will try a good cleaner first but at my age I have a fair idea where i'm going so if that dosen't work then my phone will do the job if i'm stuck.

1 hour ago, oldjohnny said:

To be honest I seldom use this but a few weeks ago the messages that you have shown earlier started to appear even though I had neither used or removed the disk.  It is an old 2004 business disc but I have tried a borrowed newish one with the same messages coming up.  I will try a good cleaner first but at my age I have a fair idea where i'm going so if that dosen't work then my phone will do the job if i'm stuck.

Same here Johnny Tom Tom can earn its keep