Ordnator

E28 Shadow Line Trim - Paint / Powder Coat / Other

I am converting the Zobelbraun Eta from Chrome to Shadow Line trim.

Some of the trim is no longer available so I am looking at re-finishing the chrome trim with a satin black finish.

I am not the first person to do this so what have others done to resolve this and how difficult / successful were you?

My initial idea is either powder coat or paint, but open to other solutions.

Any advice or guidance both good and bad would be much appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Mick

This is also a job I will be completing this summer so I am very interested in any responses.

I had wondered whether trailing Pastikote would be a good idea, get the look and it may be a little more durable, if goes wrong can just peel off?

19 hours ago, dan101smith said:

Which bits do you need to do, Mick? The different trims are a mix of materials, so they don't all respond nicely to the same treatment.

Hi Dan,

Following items that are NLA:

1.    51.31.1.959.726 - Moulding Lower Schwartz (Front windscreen lower trim shadow line).

2.    51.31.1.959.998 - Moulding Lower Schwartz (Rear windscreen lower trim shadow line).

3.    51.13.1.959.985 - Moulding Roof Left Schwartz (Left roof gutter trim shadow line).

4.    51.13.1.959.986 - Moulding Roof Right Schwartz (Right roof gutter trim shadow line).

5.    51.13.1.927.403 - Moulding Fender Front Left Schwartz.

6.    51.13.1.927.408 - Moulding Door Rear Right Schwartz.

I have new door moulding (items 5 & 6) in chrome flavour that I am going to rub down and key before etch priming and rattle can spraying satin black.

The windscreen lower trims and gutter trims I am open to suggestions and advice but initial thoughts are to powder coat satin black?

Regards,

Mick