gine39530d

no cruise control light

i played a lot with ncsexpert

and now when i press cruise control button on the multi steering wheel

i get no green light on obc

but in ike ncs set to active cruise control light on enabled

where else this indicator is hiding?

Basically it tells the module in question to default code to the vehicle order, I will find the details later when I have 10 minutes. It is basically a get out of jail card if you mess things up or in my case I used it last week to default code the kombi, CIC and something else after retrofitting high beam assist.

i am not doing it right

do i have to unplug battery  after sg codirien to make sure car gets new updates?

seems like car is ignoring new settings

what is the proper procedure for updates?

It isn't an update but just a config file, ignition on so the fans run and once it completes you take the key out then back in so it reads the new config.

On 07/03/2019 at 15:07, GoNz0 said:

Basically it tells the module in question to default code to the vehicle order, I will find the details later when I have 10 minutes. It is basically a get out of jail card if you mess things up or in my case I used it last week to default code the kombi, CIC and something else after retrofitting high beam assist.

Tell me more about the HBA retrofit - I'd like to add that to my E61...

26 minutes ago, Dotcom1970 said:

Tell me more about the HBA retrofit - I'd like to add that to my E61...

Apart from breaking my windscreen being heavy handed putting the mirror back on (it was already cracked) it is about as easy as it gets, bought a plug and 2 wires, tapped into the RLS canbus wiring (some have it my LCI did but you may need to tap into it from the footwell module) fitted it and coded it :)

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/retrofitting-high-beam-assist-137384/

Wiring wise it has an additional 2 pin plug next to the standard one for the mirror, I also bought a new surround, it was this one. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX92-EUR-12-2009-E61N-BMW-535d&diagId=51_5129#51169159094

Edited by GoNz0