Hi

Iv had my car for sometime (520d 2010) i have recently noticed that on the motorway in wet conditions the car pulls to the right when i brake. This happens to an extent where i could nearly lose control.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

First job, get the front wheels off and check for obvious damage... difference in pad/disc wear between sides... then go from there. It could be a dirty or stuck caliper, pad or disc failing/failed... any number of possibilities, but it's a major safety issue so needs dealing with PDQ.

As per prev post. That needs looking at sharpish.

It could be anything from a sticky caliper to any one of the many suspension joints badly worn.

It needs wheels off and up in the air for a prod around the brakes and suspension joints of which there are plenty to check for wear which is obvious if serious. 

Have you checked for things like a loose bleed nipple so one of the brake circuits is failing causing braking on one side only? Extreme I know but your symptoms are odd. Or a broken Spring on one side at the front causing the car to pull?

One possible explanation as to why you notice it in rain might be the additional drag from surface water... a bit like when you hit a large puddle only on one side, you feel the drag pull to that side.

The fault will be there all the time, just more apparent in rain.

Have you checked for things like a loose bleed nipple so one of the brake circuits is failing causing braking on one side only? Extreme I know but your symptoms are odd. Or a broken Spring on one side at the front causing the car to pull?
Hi Matthew
Ive checked the brake circuits they seem fine. The problem only appears in wet conditions

One possible explanation as to why you notice it in rain might be the additional drag from surface water... a bit like when you hit a large puddle only on one side, you feel the drag pull to that side.
The fault will be there all the time, just more apparent in rain.
It used to be fine in the rain up until a few weeks ago

What are your front tyres like? Are they the same make, spec and tread depth?
Hi
I will check the tyres when the rain clears up. Its absolutely pouring down at the moment