d_a_n1979

Here we go again... 2002 E39 530i Sport Touring - Japanese import

1 hour ago, sinner said:

Looking good. Those wheels fit so much better.

Are you going to change the ARBs?

I might do; may just do the rear TBH

Other priorities currently; but it is on my 'plan' so to speak :lol: 

Just to keep this up to date; Boyd from ‘Pixels Fixed’ came to mine this morning on his rounds up & down the M6 and he’s sorted the cluster for me via NCS; it’s now reading in miles rather than KM :)8) 

Looking really smart! I think I will be following in your maintainece steps!

What do you think of your discs and pads now they have worn in?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ant89 said:

Looking really smart! I think I will be following in your maintainece steps!

What do you think of your discs and pads now they have worn in?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

‘Thanks pal...

I’ve used Mtec discs and pads/EBC pads for quite a few years now and find them to be very good, zero issues as long as you need them in properly (ie. drive normally and be gentle on the brakes for a week etc). Paired with the HEL lines and decent fluid, they stop the car very well indeed 8) 

No squealing either, again, fit them right & bed them in etc :) Plus they look better behind the Style 37s ;) 

Quick snowfoam, wash and towel dry with my all new Chemical Guys stuff; their snowfoam is brilliant and their drying towel; it's like a bloody duvet, it's huge :lol:

Their tyre gel is superb too; much better than the Megs version IMO; does really well on black plastics too 8)

clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

Whats the Drying Towel that you use called?

Fitted a Grom Audio Bluetooth kit to my touring this morning and it works perfectly :) 

Lucky enough to find it brand new/unused on eBay ;) 

Fitted it this morning, ran the Bluetooth/handsfree mic from the drivers A pilar, along the top door seal/under the B pillar trim, along the passenger door top seal. down the C pillar and tucked in between the trim and bolster, down between the seat and rear boot cover and tucked the Grom box in there with all the wiring. It simply connects to the CD changer plugs, if you've a CD changer, if not, they're in that loom, so easy to uncover

Took me all of 20mins to sort :) 

Now have Bluetooth music playback and hands-free connectivity 8) 

This is the kit I've bought: https://gromaudio.co.uk/products/bluetooth-hands-free-and-a2dp-car-kits/bmw-mini-rover-bluetooth-integration-kit-677.html

Simple picture of the car, side on and now fully settled on the Eibach pro-kit front springs:

sideonandsettled.jpg

Been tempted to look into dropping the rear; but IMO it's fine as it is and the rear tyres catch, ever so slightly, on heavy undulations on motorways etc

@d_a_n1979 - That sits so nice mate,

Whats the ride like on Eibach & Sachs setup?

Arch Attack or Arch Enemy would be who recommend to get the Rear arches rolled / pulled.

2 hours ago, Jay_w said:

@d_a_n1979 - That sits so nice mate,

Whats the ride like on Eibach & Sachs setup?

Arch Attack or Arch Enemy would be who recommend to get the Rear arches rolled / pulled.

Thanks; rides superbly but not really much different to how it was before. But that was all new Mtec springs and Sachs dampers etc

Not interested & no need to get the arches rolled, the rubbing is far & few between but also it’s only on the plastic liner :) 

Sitting really sweet now Dan.

If I keep the 540 beyond two years (April next year) the brakes and bouncy bits are on my hit list.

13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Sitting really sweet now Dan.

If I keep the 540 beyond two years (April next year) the brakes and bouncy bits are on my hit list.

Thanks Keith

I did mine as there really wasn't too much SH from Japan and only the bits the 1st UK owner had done. He hadn't done enough really; just enough to drive it, which IMO, is poor upkeep!

Can't believe he never noticed how bad the headlights were; the adjusters were toast and the lights pointed to the floor :roll::shock:  So they were the first things I replaced and then did the suspension and brakes; all preventative maintenance. 

Least the nbox was serviced (oil and filter) before I bought it, so that's good peace of mind :) 

I think the next chunky job I'll take on is the rear subframe bushes; got them in the garage (ordered them when the silly discount code was on ECP); but I'd like to get at least the rear bumper sorted and rear PDC retrofitted first

To update the thread: 

Cars booked in on 24th September to get the rear subframe bushes sorted; I've gone for the Meyle HD bushes from BMWmotormec at £116 and I've got Jimmy's subframe tool on its way to me :)

Car's then booked in on 07th Oct to get the rear bumper fixed (slight hairline crack that's there, but hardly visible, about 10" long). So that'll get fixed and resprayed and I'll get Steelmate rear PDC retrofitted too

Pictures to follow :mrgreen: 

Those melye hd bushes made my old 530d touring ride so much better with them fitted. Especially combined with an M5 rear arb and polybushes. Also had bilstein b8 shocks. Really nice set up. 

10 hours ago, GStarrr said:

Those melye hd bushes made my old 530d touring ride so much better with them fitted. Especially combined with an M5 rear arb and polybushes. Also had bilstein b8 shocks. Really nice set up. 

Yeah, the rear ARB upgrade could be a route I go down, but need to check it first as some Jap cars came with the M5 ARB from factory 

Not rushing to upgrade this though, body work finesse is a priority once this work is done. It’s very clean, but a few ‘flat’ areas that I’d like sorting and brought up to spec ;) 

DIY oil change today using the bits from Amazon that I treated myself too from my 40th Amazon vouchers ;)

oilchange.jpg

TripleQX 5W40 oil, Mann filter and all donje in around half an hour as it takes a fair while for the oil to be drawn out (engine/oil were nice and hot FYI); drained around 5.5-6 litres at a rough guess

14 minutes ago, Pete Soulby said:

Got a link to that pump Dan?

I’m starting to feel old on the floor :lol:

It's all in the 'what did you do to your E39 today' thread in the E39 section Pete ;)