wakey

GONZO - Highly recommended!

Guys

I feel compelled to recommend what is a 'come to you' expert that can complete work on your beloved (and sometimes troublesome) BMW E60/1

I contacted Gareth to ask for advice on a range of cetain jobs I was looking to complete as a preventative measure on my 2010 535d M sport - a few chats later and I was asking him if he'd consider me paying him to come to me and do the work such was his knowledge.

Gareth came to me yesterday at the crack of dawn to undertake a long list of work

- replacement of the following

Update NAV/Maps

Glow plug relay

Glow plugs

Turbo vac hoses

Inlet manifold seals

Main Stat

EGR Stat

Gearbox stat modification

Full test 

When he arrived an unpacked it was clear I'd made the right decision - the chap is like a mobile BMW workshop differing only by the fact he actually knows what he's talking about!

I'm someone who finds it hard to trust people to work on my cars as I always seem to find something lacking with many garages.

That said, when peple do get it right and meet my expectations then I'm the first to voice up praise!

So if anyone here needs any technical work completing right first time by someone with a thorough, methodical and sometimes frighteningly geeky level of knowledge then our resident forum member 'Gonzo' aka Gareth come highly recommended. Great price too!

Hahaha just to add - it was after about an hour Gareth called me over to ask if I had any rust convertor liquid! Fearing the worst I raced over and asked why - he's undone a nut from the EGR valve that had some surface corrosion on and wanted it to go back treated!!! That made me smile with admiration and surprise!!

20190223_131444.jpg

Edited by wakey

Just to add, I didn't want to do the gearbox mod as a preventative as the original units should last. It's only new ones that break and the failure rate should be low. Unfortunately for Wakey when I pulled the hose off I called him over to show how coolant was flowing through the heat exchanger. The EGR stat was also jammed partially open so both those faults accounted for the temp never going above 70 on the open road. Within 3 miles on the test drive it hit 88 and stayed there!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk