pauliexjr

Trump, like him or loath him?

2 hours ago, oldjohnny said:

Perhaps to calm this discussion down a little I believe the following question would be answered in the same way by all concerned.  'What would you do if your daughter brought him home for your approval'?

I think for most fathers our view would be the same no matter who our daughters brought home!

Approaching it from another angle, Trump is incredibly thick, so we need to use this to our advantage, because i suspect a high speed trade deal with the septics is going to be required urgently !

So what do you Trump supporters think about his weekend racist tweets about the elected Congresswomen American citizens who 'should go back home'?

I admit to being a Trump fan but not in the traditional sense. I love finding out what is the latest stupid thing he has said or done lol. So I guess that makes me a fan. It's all just hilarious to be a spectator. I'm also something of a Brexit fan too, because that car crash is also great fun for the outside observer. Ooops, don't want to derail the thread.

Anyway Trump said: 

"So interesting to see 'progressive' Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world"

Everyone knows who he's talking about and three of the four come from the USA. Born and bred. So if they originally came from USA then isn't he talking about his own government?

Simples.

Keliuss

3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

So what do you Trump supporters think about his weekend racist tweets about the elected Congresswomen American citizens who 'should go back home'?

He said it on a basis of that they don't like the USA and their own country has its own issues etc..

He stated" "If you are not happy, if you are complaining all the time, you can leave,"...  It's all over the news for the world to see that he didn't say it in a racist manner, more like shut up and sod off if you don't like it

Lets please not turn this thread into a Trumps a Racist bashing thread either... There's too much being said; when it's not been thought about.

3 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

It's all over the news for the world to see that he didn't say it in a racist manner, more like shut up and sod off if you don't like it

Lets please not turn this thread into a Trumps a Racist bashing thread either... There's too much being said; when it's not been thought about.

I agree. 

He talked about them returning to their own countries - their own country is America - how do you square that?

As for whether it is racist I struggle to find how you see it isn't racist? Please remember I am only addressing Trump's comments, not yours.

I stated a fact, that’s all.

I'm not getting involved with this thread, just said my part and asked for the thread to not go arse over tit, again.

Its already on the thinnest of thin ice... 

Then don't get involved if you don't want to - I merely asked those members who expressed a support for Trump or his policies for their opinions on those tweets which have been roundly condemned around the world as well as in his own Party as racist.

It isn't a Trump bashing thread, nor did my comment condemn him as racist  - it is just a matter of fact that the majority of opinion throughout the world saying and agreeing his comments were and are racist and the asking his supporters on this thread what their opinion of those comments are?

I am not condemning anyone who supports him - it is obvious some people do - I am merely trying to understand the thought processes their support goes through when he makes very obviously racist comments like this.

An understanding of why people either like or loath Trump (there is also a very obviously big middle ground that doesn't care at all) might help all observers figure out what motivates support or hatred of Trump, as well as how supporters defend his actions, thoughts, words and lies.

Whilst Trump is probably good for the US, he's not so good for us. The thought of him and that Boris clown is very bad news and will not end well. One of Obama's better policies was to distance himself from the frankly vile Israeli government. What with Trump sabre rattling with Iran and cosying up to Israel...........

..........no, he's got to go. Whilst I admire him in many ways, he's just too dangerous.  The world needs Corbyn/Sanders to calm things down and tell the Israelis where to get off. 

I agree with a lot of what you said there Andy, but the Americans will vote Trump in again for sure. So no Bernie. 

I agree reed with the need to put Israel back in its box too. Tail wagging the dog, and the root cause of a lot of the unrest in the Middle East. 

I just couldn’t ever vote for comrade  Corbyn EVER. Too many policies I couldn’t live with - and I don’t like his disciples either. There would be the death of our economy and standard of living. 

89891194-178C-4D24-AF34-DA019BED25CB.jpeg

I find it staggering that people are trying to claim Trump’s latest outburst isn’t racist. 

originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe"

3 of the 4 he refers to were born in the USA. 

The only argument to say he isn’t racist is to say he’s so stupid as to be unqualified to be President. 

1 hour ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

I don't care what he says, I've got better things to do than getting offended on other people's behalf. 

Don’t think it’s a question of getting offended, it’s a question of judging him on what he says and does. 

On 22/02/2019 at 18:55, Paddy O'Furniture said:

I like him,  I wish he was over here sorting Brexit for us, he'd tell all those Eurotw@ts in Brussels where to get off. 

But you don’t care what he says?

Predictable if nothing else. 

3 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

I don't care what he says, I've got better things to do than getting offended on other people's behalf. 

I can understand quite a lot from anywhere but the USA not caring what he says, but as for getting offended on other peoples behalf have you ever read...

First they came for ...

...Then they came for me...

Written by a German Priest in a eulogy after the end of World War II ?

Edited by sharkfan

I find it strange that people actually think what he said isn’t racist, telling people of colour to “go back to where they came from” would get you sacked from any job in any western country and probably arrested too.. 

the company i work for sacked a employee for exact same thing word for word. He go into an argument and told a polish national to “go back to where you came from”. He subsequently appealed and went to court for unfair dismissal. In the end common sense prevailed and was found in favour of the company.  

Trump hasnt actually done nothing for the ordinary Americans except for the top 1%. A lot of people love him because unlike other politicians he says what a lot  of people are thinking!! 

Nancy  Polesi summer it up when she said “trump doesn’t want to make America great again” he want to “make America white again” 

On 16/07/2019 at 15:04, Calypso-E34 said:

I just couldn’t ever vote for comrade  Corbyn EVER. Too many policies I couldn’t live with - and I don’t like his disciples either. There would be the death of our economy and standard of living. 

I think he's worth a go for four years. Another four years of Boris/CHunt and you may reconsider. 

'Truth' and 'racist' have the same thing in common with Trump - he clearly doesn't understand what either word means. 

On the Darroch affair, and given the timing until Boris eases his fat arse through the door of Number 10, I'd have preferred Sir Kim to have stayed in post until after the 'leadership' race. Would have been interesting to see how Boris would approach things in that scenario. 

On 16/07/2019 at 15:04, Calypso-E34 said:

I agree with a lot of what you said there Andy, but the Americans will vote Trump in again for sure. So no Bernie. 

I agree reed with the need to put Israel back in its box too. Tail wagging the dog, and the root cause of a lot of the unrest in the Middle East. 

89891194-178C-4D24-AF34-DA019BED25CB.jpeg

That's Labours 1970's nightmare, and Labours 1990's was more like Trumps ….  With such classics are no such thing as English etc and too white British ? I hate racists in all forms :ph34r: