pauliexjr

Trump, like him or loath him?

Can you see the dishonesty and the sheer pitiful behaviour when every single day it's another 'oh we've got him now!' story only to have it retracted several days later?

Not a single 'scoop' has stood up to scrutiny, and now Mueller is going to come back with no evidence of collision, and no indictments other than a few procedural related charges and offence that date from before anyone was involved with the campaign.

The truth is out there, if you want to go digging for it. None of them left or right media are being honest, and in that Trump. Is right.... They are the enemy of the people.

Sure, he's told a few lies... But a lot of what we were told was lies have turned out to be truths much later down the track... Yet you'll never hear any of the accusers apologising.

I'm not a Trump supporter, I don't like the man but to be making the progress he is, in the face of such overwhelming opposition from people who just couldn't accept that he won, is nothing short of amazing. After the behaviour of the left side of politics, there's not a hope in hell I'd want to support that. It truly is the biggest temper tantrum in history.

If Trump has done anything he's exposed exactly where the hate and bigotry really is in the USA.

When Chelsea Manning was contemplating suicide, every so called right wing person I followed in Twitter were sending her messages of support and encouragement, DESPITE their disagreeance with her politics and her actions of the past.

Almost every single left wing person I follow took great delight in dancing on TotalBiscuits grave when cancer took him.

I've seen pretty bad behaviour from both, but nothing eclipses the sheer hate and willingness to grasp at ANYTHING to try to pull down the man who chose to do what he thought was best for his country.

I've seen far more violence, intolerance, suppression of speech, debate, and ideas from the left than I ever have from the right. I'm perfectly happy to take both sides to task when it's necessary.

Right up until he ran against Clinton the left loved Donald Trump..

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

If you genuinely believe that all Politicians lie then how could you then choose the one that is proven to lie more, unless that's what you actually want and admire in Politicians?

Then to say you don't trust the media, right or left it seems from your above comment, means you must get your information to form your opinion of him and his successes from another source other than the media, can I ask what that is?

In terms of your comment about no indictments other than Procedural ones that were for offences prior to their involvement with Trumps campaign I would suggest you check your non-media source, perhaps the actual Court records to discover the truth about the prosecutions so far.

Your assertion that 'Mueller is going to come back with no evidence of collusion' is bold, and only the next few months will see whether that is true or not.

My thoughts on Mueller is that he has played his cards incredibly close to his chest, for no reason other than he simply has to. If you are investigating crimes that involve someone who believes he has the power not only to absolve himself of any blame but also pardon anyone else whomever he so wishes then you have to very, very carefully build the case to make sure that if they are found guilty then they don't all walk away into the sunset laughing at the world.

There may be no evidence of collusion, there be no crimes that Donald Trump can be found guilty of, but there are already an awful lot of people who have admitted breaking the law or been found guilty of breaking the law within what used to be his close circle; whether he now admits ever knowing, employing, instructing or using them is not now for Donald Trump to decide, it is for the Courts, Judges and Juries to decide.

I get my information from the statements from the people involved, the comparison from what's reported with what I can get from people I can reach that are actually there, watching video of the events where availiable, and a lot of independent analysts. There are sometimes huge gaps in what's been said and what's happening, deliberately misleadng ones. 

I have the time to do this of course, because since my wife passed away almost 8 years ago, I haven't been able to work a traditional job. I invest for a living these days so I spend a lot of time reading analysis on political events and the possible repercussions. I often have to fill in a lot of blanks. 

Neither the left nor right wing media are truthful. Both have their bias, though the left is markedly worse.

Edited by StRaNgEdAyS

1 hour ago, sharkfan said:

There may be no evidence of collusion

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". Trump's behaviour in business has always been characterised by his swaggering and bullying ways, and there's some truth in the saying that the best indicator of future behaviour is to look at previous behaviour. Even if I loved his policies his behaviour as a man is despicable. 

To some degree I agree with that. 

You don't get to where he is in business without a fair degree of bravado and a lot of cunning. 

I'm not fond of the man. I thought he'd be a disaster, but I've been surprised, and because out of necessity I'd long learned to read deeper than the media before he became president, I can see through the complete BS that's being sold to us. 

Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it anymore.... Political discussions rarely end well, and most of us here are pretty.set.on their political alignment. No amount of back and forth here will shift anyone. 

I'll just leave it at, I don't like him, but I do believe he's doing good things for the USA. 

2 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". Trump's behaviour in business has always been characterised by his swaggering and bullying ways, and there's some truth in the saying that the best indicator of future behaviour is to look at previous behaviour. Even if I loved his policies his behaviour as a man is despicable. 

I completely agree with your 'absence of evidence' statement, but absence of evidence does make prosecutions very much harder. If Mueller lifts every stone but still can't find any proof then Trump will quite probably have his version of the truth accepted.

Trump is a business man.. A complete loon but a business man, he is of course doing what will profit him, its obvious. 

I do wish he would come here and sort out our complete shambles of shit government and sort out Brexit

Edited by Blobby

On 25/02/2019 at 19:48, whiskychaser said:

Trump's progress - or not - over the last two years:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38663043

Donald Chumps supporters will put their fingers in their ears and whistle when presented with facts. 

As for sorting out Brexit, he'd struggle with sorting out which is the left or right shoe and would need Rees Mogg to help - then it'd be cheap footwear for everyone !

Cheers, Dennis!

15 hours ago, oldjohnny said:

It is being reported that Trump recently had an arse-hole transplant.

Update just in. The arse-hole has rejected him!

I'm sure Tony Blair had that back in the day :D But he had enough around him so was ok :lol:

Way before that.  This was an old Monty Python barb aimed at Richard Nixon, but I think it fits Trump to a tee, though obviously not a very good fit as it rejected him!

On 25/02/2019 at 04:22, sharkfan said:

Ahh, this is the 'all politicians lie anyway' combined with the 'I don't trust the media' solution to his lies.

Can you see the inherent problem with this argument? 

Not really. Just look at our own gutter press - that started with the Mail and the Sun and has now worked its way out to anything Tory/Murdoch. The stuff they write about Corbyn is just laughable - but folk actually believe it. They still believe that papers tell the truth. 

Astonishing. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Not really. Just look at our own gutter press - that started with the Mail and the Sun and has now worked its way out to anything Tory/Murdoch. The stuff they write about Corbyn is just laughable - but folk actually believe it. They still believe that papers tell the truth. 

Astonishing. 

Indeed, and scary what gets regurgitated/shared etc without fact checking and then how quickly it gathers pace nowadays.

Jeremy Corbin as Prime Minister and Donald Trump re-elected.

Every parents wish for their future of their children.

2 hours ago, oldjohnny said:

Jeremy Corbin as Prime Minister and Donald Trump re-elected.

Every parents wish for their future of their children.

Sadly true .. But looking at the choice in Westminster or the good old US of A  The past 60 years has seen the same old puppets playing god :( 

and some of those puppets have dark skeletons locked away ... like Ted Heath  ?  Every parents nightmare ...

On 25/02/2019 at 04:22, sharkfan said:

Ahh, this is the 'all politicians lie anyway' combined with the 'I don't trust the media' solution to his lies.

Can you see the inherent problem with this argument? 

Sadly it seems that one of the media outlets who have for many years has been held in high regard and is duty bound to be honest and even handed has recently been exposed as having an agenda to destroy people who they deem to be unworthy of personal popularity... I can see a day when annoying people will ring us to see if we too have a claim against the BBC. I wonder if all media outlets have a similar agenda?

46 minutes ago, Karl said:

Sadly it seems that one of the media outlets who have for many years has been held in high regard and is duty bound to be honest and even handed has recently been exposed as having an agenda to destroy people who they deem to be unworthy of personal popularity... I can see a day when annoying people will ring us to see if we too have a claim against the BBC. I wonder if all media outlets have a similar agenda?

The BBC referred lovingly as Auntie amongst their employees is as far from the British people's Auntie as you could imagine ...

False news and a real  hate of the people that pays their tax's to the BBC is very sickening and once you see their actions in the cold light of day 

leaves one unable/willing to pay the BBC's tax  ( The people of this land have been paying to be brain washed by Auntie Beeb for far too long)

The other media outlets at least fund their own propaganda machine .... :ph34r:

Edited by Carl-e34

For what it is worth, I have refused to pay the BBC  tax for the last 3 years.. Apparently I am supposed to inform the BBC that I no longer need a TV license but in my opinion it is a bit like having to dash into Sainsbury's when I drive past to tell them that I don't need to buy anything from them..

8 hours ago, Karl said:

For what it is worth, I have refused to pay the BBC  tax for the last 3 years.. Apparently I am supposed to inform the BBC that I no longer need a TV license but in my opinion it is a bit like having to dash into Sainsbury's when I drive past to tell them that I don't need to buy anything from them..

I've not needed the BBC's service since 2013 ...

Edited by Carl-e34

Unlike the previous 12 presidents, Trump's approval rating has never got above 44%. He is a populist so some in the US are bound to like him. They also like their guns. 'Go figure', as the Cousins like to say

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

I'm not sure those who are attacking the truthfulness or otherwise of the Press OR Trump quite realise the extent to which Trump appears to lie.

The Washington Post started a Fact Checker in the days following his Inauguration attendance claims to attempt to verify or correct some his claims; as of today, 775 days later, they have found over 9000 examples where he has not told the truth. 

Now if you;

a. Believe that is normal for any Politician, why on earth do you vote at all or post at all about Trump, or any politician at all.

b. Believe that all 9000 examples are false, then you must believe Trump has only told the truth.

c. Believe that the answer is somewhere inbetween then there are still 9000 examples of either the press OR Trump lying either way.

I can understand the broadly held belief that Politicians lie sometimes, and that papers and the media have a bias sometimes but please, those that are attacking the press or defending Trump, how do you square the argument where there are over 9000 occasions in less than 800 days where the truth is subject to question?

In regard to the 'No collusion' status of Trump, and perhaps in no small part due to the 9000 contradictions of truth to be resolved, there are now nearly a dozen convictions or admissions of guilt by those close to Trump, and Congress has now sent out a further 80 subpoena letters requesting information under oath about Trumps affairs.

Biggest temper tantrum in history.
There has never ever been a politician who has endured as much scrutiny, or weathered as many daily attacks as Trump.
At more than 2 years in, NOTHING of any substance that has been accused has borne out. Not one thing. But they still keep grasping at anything they can find. It's both comical and pathetic.
I didn't like him and personally, I still don't, but professionally, as an investor, I like what he's doing, and he's done great things for the USA.
And it's just beginning. Wait to see what happens when Mueller finishes his work.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk