Paddy O'Furniture

Recommendations for garage shelving.

As above, I'm looking for some good quality shelving to put up in the garage.

Looking for something sturdy that's not going to sway around like Dexion after a few months.

Anyone got any ideas?

2 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

As above, I'm looking for some good quality shelving to put up in the garage.

Looking for something sturdy that's not going to sway around like Dexion after a few months.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've got 2 of these, side by side rather than stacked high and they're very good IMO:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden-Mile®-Boltless-Industrial-Greenhouse/dp/B01IBCJZVS/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1550498539&sr=8-32&keywords=garage+shelving

Sturdy and well put together; they hold all my car cleaning stuff, boxed power tools and I've fitted a vice to one end too, which has come in handy for all sorts!

I have always found that unless you go into heavy gauge shelving the units will be a tad flimsy when used upright and heavy things are placed on the upper shelves.    Simply cured by fixing them to a wooden batten fastened to the wall.  My neighbour has the Amazon units mentioned above and side by side they are perfectly adequate with no need for fixing.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, had a look around on t'internet yesterday and ordered some form https://www.rapidracking.com/en/rra

Seems like a lot of them get their stuff from the same manufacturer as the stuff I've ordered looks exactly the same as the stuff from Bigdug and Racking Solutions. Even Racking Solutions website looks very similar. 

Thanks again. 

I made my own out of 2x2 battens and flooring sheets cut down and held together with coach bolts and secured in to the wall and each sheet screwed in to the horizontal battens.... Price wise it was probably cheaper than buying some pre-manufactured shelving system.

1479881412_MyGarage1.jpg.50d483861dbd7e8104e7d66e8b6fb052.jpg

Edited by Seesure

17 minutes ago, Seesure said:

I made my own out of 2x2 battens and flooring sheets cut down and held together with coach bolts and secured in to the wall and each sheet screwed in to the horizontal battens.... Price wise it was probably cheaper than buying some pre-manufactured shelving system.

Damn right there, it's not cheap, just cost me £250. :sad: