On 04/02/2019 at 11:00, bmwf113.0d said:

People parking on pavements

Nobody thinks of the disabled, who's lives are challenging enough without the need to have to figure out how to get down the street safely, because some idiot has parked there car on a pavement,  which means wheelchair/ mobility scooters can't get down the street without going onto the road!  

Gents, Couriers!

Package was attempted to be delivered on Wed, no one in. Card left. Wife contacted said courier company on Thurs am to tell them to leave with neighbour. 

Thurs pm.  Card thru the door saying delivery attempt made.  O.k. So parcel perhaps was already in the van, fair enough.

Fri pm Card thru the door saying delivery attempt made. Not left at neighbour. 

FFS. How hard can it be?

5 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Gents, Couriers!

Package was attempted to be delivered on Wed, no one in. Card left. Wife contacted said courier company on Thurs am to tell them to leave with neighbour. 

Thurs pm.  Card thru the door saying delivery attempt made.  O.k. So parcel perhaps was already in the van, fair enough.

FFS. How hard can it be?

Sounds like DHL ....  It's even more @@@@ When someone is waiting in ...  and the courier just leaves their calling card. 

Then the parcel spends the next 7 days  AWOL and six calls later the parcel is return to the sender. 

Gents, Couriers!

FFS. How hard can it be?

See I don't have an issue with couriers.... I have a drop off point that they know of and if I'm not in, they leave it. Even the postman (gets a bung every Christmas) leaves sign for mail with a few select neighbours saving me a trip. "plan ahead"

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

OK there's a new breed of annoying car drivers I came across this weekend. They are Jaguar and large Peugeot owners.. I have never been more pissed of with any other car then them.. Even Audi drivers are better.

I set of just before 7am  and before i got a mile down the road I had a iPace driver overtake me and then proceed to slow down for every bend or car coming the other way, yes i was doing the speed limit too, so i then followed him with main beams on until he finally turned off.

The Peugeot drivers, it wasn't just one of them cut in front of me without indicating on an A road because they were in the wrong lane for a roundabout, I did in one occasion overtake him and cut back in front before the roundabout..

I think it's jealousy 

I get that frequently.  The road I use every day going to work has long straights and then a section of twisty left and tight handers.  The sit up your chuff waiting to overtake you on the straight.  Whizz past you and then cannot drive worth a f$%k in the twisty bit and then hold you up as you can maintain a far far higher average speed thru the twists than they can.  They then bury the thorttle on the straight again and pull away.  You then catch them half a mile later at the end of the road, they are then holding you up as they want to turn right while you wait to turn left.

^I think you are right its jealousy. They will see that yours is a bit tasty and decide to show that they are superior.  Although I doubt a Peugeot driver wouldn't understand what a badge that says 535d on the back would mean.

I hate Peugeot drivers after one drove into the back of my beautiful F10.

Some aren't the brightest of people.  I mean this guy didn't realise that his local Peugeot dealer were taking the wee wee out of him.

38 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I hate Peugeot drivers after one drove into the back of my beautiful F10.

He only ran into you once, the BMW dealer took numerous attempts to rear end you, how much do you hate them.

On 15/02/2019 at 16:21, Mr_530i said:

Nobody thinks of the disabled, who's lives are challenging enough without the need to have to figure out how to get down the street safely, because some idiot has parked there car on a pavement,  which means wheelchair/ mobility scooters can't get down the street without going onto the road!  

Parking on the pavement is fine if its done sensibly.

I live in a narrow street and park with just the width of my wheels on the pavement which still allows a wheelchair/double buggy to pass

and gives more room in the road for larger vehicles to get by.

Sadly most people seem to abandon their cars at a stupid angle blocking the whole path!

Edited by red35

The fact that ages ago I bought some heat shrink for doing a job on the car and trailer and when I went to use it yesterday, I couldn't find it.

I planned ahead and bought the stuff and put it in my garage and when I need the sodding thing, can I find, can I £&*@!

GRRRR

17 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

You know you will find it the moment the new stuff arrives :lol:

I had already made peace with myself as I thought that too! :D

Still couldn't find it last night when I was in the garage getting my soldering iron.

I'm putting it down to the start of old age. :shock:

20 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Conversely I had a bit of a clear out including some trv’s and find I now need two :roll:

I've got plenty of them, found them last night. In fact I had so many I sold a few on eBay recently.

Americanisms gradually creeping into the language over here, eg "swapping out" instead of changing or renewing,  and the one that really gets my teeth grinding,  "from the get go" instead of from the start. 

3 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Americanisms gradually creeping into the language over here, eg "swapping out" instead of changing or renewing,  and the one that really gets my teeth grinding,  "from the get go" instead of from the start. 

"Can I get" instead of "May (or can) I have", "for free" instead of just "free", "ballpark figure", "touch base"....etc...etc...  :lol: