BigMo

Rear door wiring

I have lost all power to my rear passenger electric power switch and the puddle lights. However I can still operate the window from the drivers control. I would guess it's a wire broken in the door hinge area but does one wire control both the switch and the light? Also has anyone changed the complete harness with the door still attached? 

I’m not being funny but obvious first question is is it both rear windows or just one side? If both check the childproof switch. And then check bulb in the puddle light. 

Appreciate the reply, Its only the passenger side switch. The puddle light itself works fine as I have swapped them and checked but the switch and the light have no power once plugged into that particular door. I know sometimes wires break in the door harness from the door opening and closing but just found it odd to lose 2 things at once which is why I was wondering if 1 wire carries power to both these parts. I can get a replacement harness complete but wasnt sure if swapping these meant removing the door?

You won’t have to remove the door but you will have to remove the door panel and vapour barrier to access it just to find the faulty wire. I’d start with the local switch wire to the window motor. If it works from the driver then it’s a local problem.