Sign in to follow this  
Wassy

Rear Seats Not Locked Warning ~ G31

A couple of quick questions about the Rear Seat Not Locked warning sign that comes on when the rear seats are dropped flat (something that I find mildly irritating)

1) Am I doing something wrong as I can see no locking mechanism for the folded forward position and nor can I find reference to it in the handbook? Does it go away if the cargo net is fitted?

2) Does anyone know if it can be turned off using BimmerCode or similar?

Many thanks

Agreed, it irritates me too. Just lazy design, it would have been easy to either not warn if the seat’s unoccupied, or have a sensor to notice that the seat back  is past a particular angle or some combination. I also get irritated that it doesn’t say which or both seats it’s complaining about.

There's already occupancy sensors so it seems like it would be easy to interlock this and ignore if the seats are empty, but perhaps they see the weight of the seat backs and any cargo?

I can confirm it doesn't make a difference if the cargo net is installed, but not sure if it goes away when its fitted to the seat backs as a dividing net..  I might try that tonight as my seats are still down from the weekend