Just booked my car in with Halliwell Jones for the recall. I thought mine would have been ok as the EGR was only replaced last year under warranty, but apparently not. 

Has anyone else had theirs in yet? Are they replacing them anyway or just inspecting them and if they look ok leaving them?

My F11 2014 emitted quite a bit of smoke etc from under bonnet. HJ (Chester) have confirmed EGR and will replace EGR cooler and Intake manifold.

3-4 weeks wait for parts. Have supplied courtesy car.

I have had no notification about the recall. (Found out about it by searching net to find possible cause of smoke)

Edited by Caerfryn

Just now, Caerfryn said:

My F11 2014 failed - smoke etc from under bonnet. HJ (Chester) have confirmed EGR and will replace EGR cooler and Intake manifold.

3-4 weeks wait for parts. Have supplied courtesy car.

I have had no notification about the recall. (Found out about it by searching net to find possible cause of smoke)

I just randomly looked at my MOT history last night because I wanted to see how many miles I had done it since getting it, then noticed the recall notice then, was only issued yesterday so will probably receive a letter still at some point 

Had mine checked today and they gave it a thumbs up.. i did mention this in another post, just thought id mention it in the right place. 

@BFleming did mention who picks up the bill if it fails after the check?

Can it be checked by another dealer for a second opinion?

Edited by Ace8800