mitchgixer6

2008 (58) E61 520d M Sport lci £3500 *SOLD*

Thanks. As I say plans have changed. My wife now needs a car which can tow over 2 tonnes so the EV plans on hold and I need a 4 wheel drive ideally otherwise I would be keeping the E61. 

Forgot to add the car had another air con regas at the end of July. Think there must have been a leak in the system so I used the STP sealant this time. Colder than it's ever been now. 

Edited by mitchgixer6

Hi @mitchgixer6 .. Just wondered if you know whether this car was eligible for the BMW recall to replace various timing chain bits as some N47’s were? I am extremely interested in the car but the timing chain issue is obviously hanging over my mind a bit and aware that the mileage is sort of getting to that sweet spot where that issue seemed to occur and that’s all that’s stopping me from hopping on a flight up to Glasgow honestly. 

Hi mate. 

No it wasn't included. When I first bought the car I too was wary as had done the research and knew about that issue. I would always ask when I was in the dealers if there was any recall until the day they said there was, but at that point my car wasn't included. Was waiting for the letter to call me in for it but it never came, and of course the recall was subsequently cancelled. 

I've done all I can to prevent the problem. As stated in the listing oil changed every 10k. This was as adviced by my indy as apparently the oil feed to the tensioner getting blocked was a contributing factor. Also never had the engine noise change under my ownership, as I'm aware and am always listening for it. 

I understand your concern though. Think tbh many of the engines are fine, maybe the more neglected ones which have the issue? Suppose there's always the risk with any N47... 

I am pretty interested in the car really I have to be honest... I have friends in Glasgow too so could make a day or two of it. My old E39 530d Touring is getting well past it and have hankered after an E61 for a while.. and it’s a bit of a joke how my two E39’s are both black so I feel destined to buy yet another black 5 series! 

One question.. are the seats heated?

What would your availability on Saturday this week be like?

Happy to take the discussion to PM if you would like.