Rydal

Text message on display

On 2/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, SuperDave said:

Aside from Carplay itself, did you want second phone support?   Should just be a few more simple coding changes. 

Hi, No I don’t require the multiple phone functionality, it was just the Apple Carplay I was after. It appears that Carplay can’t be remotely activated for the 2019 iDrive, so I will need to find someone in Scotland who can do this. The company I was talking to is a 1000 mile round trip.

On 01/03/2019 at 07:58, GaSelle said:

What is the additional steps to allow two phones to connect at the same time?

You needed extended bluetooth features coded in.

@Richywiseman, yep I'd read that too about remote activation. What a pita.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, sjak92 said:

correct

Im having another go at this,gave up last time as I seemed to be getting nowhere,

I don't seem to have the HU-NBT menu,also the menus I do have in expert mode seem to be in German mostly,tried asking bimmercode for advice but the were not much help,

Any ideas,or can you direct me to the correct menu,id appreciate any advice you could offer

13 hours ago, davidm said:

Im having another go at this,gave up last time as I seemed to be getting nowhere,

I don't seem to have the HU-NBT menu,also the menus I do have in expert mode seem to be in German mostly,tried asking bimmercode for advice but the were not much help,

Any ideas,or can you direct me to the correct menu,id appreciate any advice you could offer

Can you search modules using bimmercode? - pretty sure ts BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP you need active.

Otherwise I'll connect via esys later and dbl check which module it was in on mine. HTH.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, SuperDave said:

Aside from Carplay itself, did you want second phone support?   Should just be a few more simple coding changes. 

That’s definitely the thing I want to sort. I too fell for the sales blurb trap of thinking EBT was just another USB and a charging plate. 

11 hours ago, O5carBrav0 said:

That’s definitely the thing I want to sort. I too fell for the sales blurb trap of thinking EBT was just another USB and a charging plate. 

Yep, think dealers/bmw probably embarassed by how limited non-EBT functionality is and don't want to mention limitations.

But very easy to code in and resolve. A ten minute job with e-sys and an E-net cable. 

17 minutes ago, O5carBrav0 said:

Do you know the coding required using BimmerCode?

Change the following in HU_NBT all to Active

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

30 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Change the following in HU_NBT all to Active

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

Superb. Thanks for the info!

Will this enable 2nd Phone to handle calls too?

5 minutes ago, O5carBrav0 said:

Superb. Thanks for the info!

Will this enable 2nd Phone to handle calls too?

Don't think it does tbh. Worth coding in and trying. If not go back into expert mode and look under that submenu, think it will be HU and then 3003. Should be something like additional or multi phone.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:20 PM, sjak92 said:

Don't think it does tbh. Worth coding in and trying. If not go back into expert mode and look under that submenu, think it will be HU and then 3003. Should be something like additional or multi phone.

I’ve managed to get it working (somehow) thanks for all your help.

i used BimmerCode and a vGate pro 4 from Amazon. 

I’d already activated the BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP and I’m not sure why but it didn’t seem to work. I the. Set all the features for EBT you recommended and it is now working! Thanks again for your help!

shame I can’t adjust the heated seat temperatures with the vGate though :-(