Jump to content
Rydal

Text message on display

Recommended Posts

On 2/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, SuperDave said:

Aside from Carplay itself, did you want second phone support?   Should just be a few more simple coding changes. 

Hi, No I don’t require the multiple phone functionality, it was just the Apple Carplay I was after. It appears that Carplay can’t be remotely activated for the 2019 iDrive, so I will need to find someone in Scotland who can do this. The company I was talking to is a 1000 mile round trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2019 at 07:58, GaSelle said:

What is the additional steps to allow two phones to connect at the same time?

You needed extended bluetooth features coded in.

 

@Richywiseman, yep I'd read that too about remote activation. What a pita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, sjak92 said:

correct

Im having another go at this,gave up last time as I seemed to be getting nowhere,

 

I don't seem to have the HU-NBT menu,also the menus I do have in expert mode seem to be in German mostly,tried asking bimmercode for advice but the were not much help,

Any ideas,or can you direct me to the correct menu,id appreciate any advice you could offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, davidm said:

Im having another go at this,gave up last time as I seemed to be getting nowhere,

 

I don't seem to have the HU-NBT menu,also the menus I do have in expert mode seem to be in German mostly,tried asking bimmercode for advice but the were not much help,

Any ideas,or can you direct me to the correct menu,id appreciate any advice you could offer

Can you search modules using bimmercode? - pretty sure ts BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP you need active.

 

Otherwise I'll connect via esys later and dbl check which module it was in on mine. HTH.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, SuperDave said:

Aside from Carplay itself, did you want second phone support?   Should just be a few more simple coding changes. 

That’s definitely the thing I want to sort. I too fell for the sales blurb trap of thinking EBT was just another USB and a charging plate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, O5carBrav0 said:

That’s definitely the thing I want to sort. I too fell for the sales blurb trap of thinking EBT was just another USB and a charging plate. 

Yep, think dealers/bmw probably embarassed by how limited non-EBT functionality is and don't want to mention limitations.

 

But very easy to code in and resolve. A ten minute job with e-sys and an E-net cable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, O5carBrav0 said:

Do you know the coding required using BimmerCode?

 

Change the following in HU_NBT all to Active

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

 

Change the following in HU_NBT all to Active

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

Superb. Thanks for the info!

 

Will this enable 2nd Phone to handle calls too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, O5carBrav0 said:

Superb. Thanks for the info!

 

Will this enable 2nd Phone to handle calls too?

 

Don't think it does tbh. Worth coding in and trying. If not go back into expert mode and look under that submenu, think it will be HU and then 3003. Should be something like additional or multi phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:20 PM, sjak92 said:

 

Don't think it does tbh. Worth coding in and trying. If not go back into expert mode and look under that submenu, think it will be HU and then 3003. Should be something like additional or multi phone.

 

I’ve managed to get it working (somehow) thanks for all your help.

 

i used BimmerCode and a vGate pro 4 from Amazon. 

 

I’d already activated the BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP and I’m not sure why but it didn’t seem to work. I the. Set all the features for EBT you recommended and it is now working! Thanks again for your help!

 

shame I can’t adjust the heated seat temperatures with the vGate though :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve coded the enhanced Bluetooth using the settings described and it’s all working fine so thanks for that!

 

I also tried the BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP option but this hasn’t changed anything.

 

Any thoughts on how to get the additional telephone option working?

 

Cheers

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDX-90 said:

I’ve coded the enhanced Bluetooth using the settings described and it’s all working fine so thanks for that!

 

I also tried the BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP option but this hasn’t changed anything.

 

Any thoughts on how to get the additional telephone option working?

 

Cheers

Joe

I just did all the listed changes in Expert mode and it worked. It’s not very clear at first when it’s active, I had to delete both the phones and then re-connect them. You should then get the options of Telephone and Additional Telephone..

You can then use the voice control to “Swap Phones” say at the weekend - so that it uses your personal one to make calls instead of your work one. 

A62642DA-260B-4DD4-93FF-6A96E623230F.jpeg

615D8377-2B27-4E97-A294-2ECB0E33715B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, O5carBrav0 said:

I just did all the listed changes in Expert mode and it worked. It’s not very clear at first when it’s active, I had to delete both the phones and then re-connect them. You should then get the options of Telephone and Additional Telephone..

You can then use the voice control to “Swap Phones” say at the weekend - so that it uses your personal one to make calls instead of your work one. 

A62642DA-260B-4DD4-93FF-6A96E623230F.jpeg

615D8377-2B27-4E97-A294-2ECB0E33715B.jpeg

 

I tried deleting the phones and turned Bluetooth off and back on, deleted the car from the phone and then readded from scratch but I still don’t have the option of additional telephone.

 

These are the settings I’ve already added:

 

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENU_ACTIVE
And

BLUETOOTH_2ND_HFP

 

Have I missed any?

 

Thanks

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×