Rydal

Text message on display

I have an absolutely standard 520d M-Sport (UK Spec), is there any way to get text messages from my i-phone to show on the i-drive display?  I’ve looked in the manual but can’t find anything, is that because it’s simply not possible? 

It works on mine, for text/iMessages on,y. Not WhatsApp.

just into your phones Bluetooth settings for the connection to your car and ensure it allows notifications.

Try that but I think you need extended Bluetooth features enabled via coding. Ive done it with e-sys and can now read and dictate replies to email and sms via Android - mine is a no option msport too.

I believe Apple will not allow sending of sms but you would be able to read. 

2 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Try that but I think you need extended Bluetooth features enabled via coding. Ive done it with e-sys and can now read and dictate replies to email and sms via Android - mine is a no option msport too.

I believe Apple will not allow sending of sms but you would be able to read. 

As above, can be coded in, even with Carly, takes around 5 minutes. 

Whereabouts are you based, maybe I can help?

Thanks all and particularly sjak92 for the offer of help. I’m in Gloucestershire so unfortunately I think we may be some distance apart.  

I have just got a new 540,and disappointed to find it wont let me read a text message from my Samsung,a pretty basic feature I would have thought these days.Am i missing something I the set up ?  

Just wondering, can't you just push the voice button on the steering wheel and ask your phone to read it. That's what I do on my 65 plate F11. The voice button just operates Siri!!

Agree the features of IDrive are poorly explained by the dealer and the BMW web site,i worked through the model builder and added a few extras,but never thought about the more basic features you take for granted on most cars .

I have tried voice command but no use either,has anyone used Bimmercode for things like this ?

29 minutes ago, davidm said:

Agree the features of IDrive are poorly explained by the dealer and the BMW web site,i worked through the model builder and added a few extras,but never thought about the more basic features you take for granted on most cars .

I have tried voice command but no use either,has anyone used Bimmercode for things like this ?

Yup, coded it in on mine. Took less than 5 minutes. Displays contact photos too now :)

On 08/01/2019 at 20:13, davidm said:

it is probably the worst manufacturer for explaining advanced features,  they tell you in so many ways how to open a car door or move a seat but once it gets to tech its really flaky, dealer experts are pretty good though once you get hold of one of them 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, sjak92 said:

Yup, coded it in on mine. Took less than 5 minutes. Displays contact photos too now :)

Do you have An Android phone ?

Done the Bimmercode stuff but still no messages,driving me crazy trying to work it out .  

Tried to delete and re-add the phone,also tried an I Phone to see if the problem was with the Samsung phone,but still no .

Change the following in HU_NBT all to Active

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM

OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, sjak92 said:

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, sjak92 said:

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM

OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

Thanks,I assume this is in the "Expert" Mode ?

1 hour ago, davidm said:

Thanks,I assume this is in the "Expert" Mode ?

correct

Hello everyone, first time poster. 

I have a similar issue to the original poster. I collected my new 5 series last week and I have now after some research and looking online discovered that in order to activate Apple Carplay, I require to have Enhanced Bluetooth, which I do not have. This is misleading as I was under the impression from the way it is written in the literature that enhanced is wireless charging.

So what are my option for adding this, Can I get Enhanced Bluetooth added officially, without the charging hardware from BMW?

Or if I add via coding, as described in this thread, how will the Connected system know via my VIN number that Enhanced Bluetooth has been added, and allow me to purchase Apple Carplay? Or is this not possible if enhanced is coded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Richard…..first time BMW owner……………………..

On 1/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, sjak92 said:

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM

OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE

Hi, I coded most of the list you posted, apart from 2 I couldn't see. I couldn't see REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS, or OFFICE_MENU_ENABLE (but there was a OFFICE_MENU_ACTIVE) which I set to active.

It all appears to be working, I get the option on iphone to enable notifications, and messages appear on the iDrive, and Siri activates with long press of the steering wheel. Is there any functionality that I am missing with the menus item I cant find? I did notice that my ECU name in Bimmercode is HU_NBT_EVO, is that why the parameters are different?

Thanks,

18 hours ago, Richywiseman said:

I did notice that my ECU name in Bimmercode is HU_NBT_EVO, is that why the parameters are different?

Thanks,

No, all g30 has EVO. 

You may have a newer software than mine when I posted so the missing items may be gone now or repacked with different lines of code. 

You can can still get CarPlay but it will be a rertoft from a coder who will be able to supply an FSC code. Not something you can do yourself without a laptop with NCS and BMW will not code in CarPlay at all

If you PM me i can put you in touch with a coder who will retrofit CarPlay for you 

On 20/02/2019 at 14:39, sjak92 said:

If you PM me i can put you in touch with a coder who will retrofit CarPlay for you 

Do you know roughly how much they charge mate? DM me if easier.