Dakota

Fuel filter intervals?

51 minutes ago, Ninja59 said:

Every other service effectively is a filter replacement service in my experience.

I believe that is also true of engine air filter, changed every other oil service.  Which I think is then the same for spark plugs, which were a stand alone item on the E60 but not in the F10.

I got a recent oil service done and then replaced engine air filter myself.

9 hours ago, Park Lane said:

but condition based servicing can be up to 24k for motorway driven cars so could be as high as 72k for 3rd service.

Yes which is rotten. You can always pay for it to be done.

I did mine myself last June (I think).

At first I was a bit nervous, as I am not mechanically-minded but in truth, it is a very easy thing to do. The most difficult part was removing the underside panel. 15 screws if I remember correctly. Passenger side.

You'll need ramps, and make doubly sure all is chocked correctly, so no danger of rolling.

You'll find numerous youtube vids giving you a step by step walkthru.

60k on fuel filter really? 

My f10 525d 3.0d has done 35k on current filter (vw is 20k) will replace filter after I put bottle forte turbo cleaner I bought through it . 

Is it same as on the E60 ?

Are mann filters oem was going to go with Bosch.

Edited by marko530d

Mahle manufactured filters is the original OEM on BMW, I suspect they even logo them and box them for those that are sold in BMW dealerships, from what I have observed Mahle filters sold under their own brand are identical to the BMW ones fitted in new BMW vehicles.

8 hours ago, Oilburner said:

Mahle manufactured filters is the original OEM on BMW, I suspect they even logo them and box

I don't have a photo to compare the fuel filter but here are my old and new cabin filters, genuine BMW branded items removed made by Mahle and Mahle replacements which have different numbers and lack the BMW logo but are otherwise identical.

20190814-130439.jpg

Mahle, Mann, Hengst, 3M are all brands of air, pollen and oil filters I've pulled out of BMWs over the years which have been genuine BMW parts with the roundels and/or BMW printed on them.

I haven't seen any Bosch ones yet, the only Bosch stuff I've seen on cars in electrical stuff, spark plugs and various other components starters, alternators modules/sensors etc and wiper blades.  Its always been good quality.

From what I've read in the motoring press, is to trust the brand.  Bosch have a decent enough reputation.

Hi

Shame on me but my cars has done about 104k miles and I'm sure it's only had 1 diesel fuel filter change at approx 50k.

What would be the first signs of diesel fuel filter needing to be changed?

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, Johnjonjo said:

Hi

Shame on me but my cars has done about 104k miles and I'm sure it's only had 1 diesel fuel filter change at approx 50k.

What would be the first signs of diesel fuel filter needing to be changed?

Many thanks 

Just change it. Fuel starvation in a high pressure fuel delivery system is bad. 

10 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Mahle, Mann, Hengst, 3M are all brands of air, pollen and oil filters I've pulled out of BMWs over the years which have been genuine BMW

Yeah same think al go with mann as ecp dont have mahle.