mez

E39 M5 Central locking relay?

Hi Everyone

A quick question does my M5 have a central locking relay? or does anyone know how to open a locked rear passenger side door?

I've had my M5 approx. a year now but can't open the rear door anymore it's just stopped opening for some reason, I was wondering if there was a simple solution to this ie. disconnect the battery etc.

Cheers

Mark.

1 hour ago, mez said:

Hi Everyone

A quick question does my M5 have a central locking relay? or does anyone know how to open a locked rear passenger side door?

I've had my M5 approx. a year now but can't open the rear door anymore it's just stopped opening for some reason, I was wondering if there was a simple solution to this ie. disconnect the battery etc.

Cheers

Mark.

Personally I'd take the door card off, if you can, to see if there's anything damaged on the interior of it (ie bowden cable snapped/snagged/seized etc)

Does it open at all, from the inside, or do both interior and exterior handles not open the door?

Thanks guys

The button goes up & down when locking fob is pressed but can't get in, door handle feels just like the rest 

Clavurion can you elaborate please

Does the rear seat come out with a simple yank upwards & then aren't there any screws holding the door card on?

Ta

Mark.

so I still don't know if the car has a C/Locking relay or if my back seat comes up with a yank:unsure:

9 minutes ago, mez said:

so I still don't know if the car has a C/Locking relay or if my back seat comes up with a yank:unsure:

It's something internally with that particular door that's the problem, not any individual relays per door.

Ref the back seat, yes pull the front corner up and it'll pop up and then slide out forwards a bit

Edited by starbuck88