Sign in to follow this  
Lawrence

Auto box on 535d e61

Had this come on yesterday and went into limp mode. Managed to get to the garage where I bought it from and parked up. Went inside and spoke to someone he came and started the car up with no issues should I be worried at all any thoughts please many thanks Lawrence 

CB742689-C7AB-47B2-A4E9-818C1AECAC80.jpeg

You need the codes read to see what went wrong, assuming it is under warranty go back with a readout and make sure the codes are not cleared and do not let the dealer do the same to palm you off with a "one off"

Yeah, that should have triggered a fault code but it needs reading.

My E60 went into limp mode (transmissions fault like yours) then after a switch off and restart all was well and a few weeks later no fault codes were found.

Again went into limp mode with transmission fault, again 'cleared' after a switch off and restart, but this time it left a code that was read only an hour or so after the event. Mine was an Eclutch fault which the cure was to rebuild the transmission, hence F10 ownership.

16 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Had this come on yesterday and went into limp mode. Managed to get to the garage where I bought it from and parked up. Went inside and spoke to someone he came and started the car up with no issues should I be worried at all any thoughts please many thanks Lawrence 

CB742689-C7AB-47B2-A4E9-818C1AECAC80.jpeg

Stick this in the relevant E60/61 tech section pal; you'll get better, more relevant coverage there ;)