Blackman

[FOR SALE] Genuine BMW E34 M5 17" 8J Style 21 Throwing Stars Alloy Wheels With Tyres

This ad is for a set of 4 genuine BMW 17" style 21 "Throwing Stars" alloy wheels with covers/caps and complete with tyres.

They are all 8J (non-staggered set), ET20, original fitment for E34 M5 (5x120 and 72.5mm centre bore), part number: 36112226706

The wheels have been fully refurbished, inside-out in OEM factory colour with the wheels being gloss black with a silver lip and silver covers + centre caps. They are all straight wheels with no buckles, cracks or any welds. 

Please note, the part numbers and BMW markings are no longer visible on the wheels, as these are now covered in paint, but you can read the full spec of the wheels as above.

I have also bought brand-new genuine BMW x20 bolts (36112227124) for securing the covers to the wheels as well as genuine BMW badges (part number: 36136758569) for the centre caps. This has now all been installed and the wheels are complete with everything fitted.

As you may already know, the "Throwing Stars" covers on these wheels are sided, so here you have a full correct set with 2 left covers (part number: 36112227007) and 2 right covers (part number: 36112227008) and you also get 4 plastic centre caps (part number: 36132227123)

The tyres are all in the correct factory fitment size for these wheels, which is 235/45/17. All 4 tyres are matching Continental ContiSportContact5 in immaculate condition with no sidewall damage, no puncture repairs and evenly worn tread with approximately 6mm of tread remaining on all the tyres.

These wheels are a direct fitment for all BMW E34 and E31 variants, but I have also seen them fitted to E36, E24 and E28 models, however please check for fitment yourself before buying.

I'm based in south-west London and would prefer these to be collected with payment by cash or can be Paypal as well. I may be able to deliver them to you, depending on your location, but please PM to discuss.

I'm after £1750 ONO.

Sensible offers only please, and if you have any questions, ask below or PM - I'll do my best to help. Thanks for looking.

45249547362_04fe8c0c07_b.jpg

45249546842_b80a73e9a3_b.jpg

45249546142_62d08852f6_b.jpg

44576650464_894c83e37e_b.jpg

45249544022_f5e96920a4_b.jpg

44576642684_a1ef025c0b_b.jpg

45249538332_ffcced7ce7_b.jpg

45249535782_d320977943_b.jpg

31424698338_c59fb2c583_b.jpg

31424690788_e640c2f74b_b.jpg

31424685798_7221889d7d_b.jpg

31424666008_70f2b04985_b.jpg

Edited by Blackman

Surprised that these haven't been snapped up - they must be fairly rare?

What about the price, is it a bit steep?

It was a few years ago but I struggled to get 400 for a staggered set in used but very tidy condition. 

Lovely though they are I fear they're a bit rich in price. 

3 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

It was a few years ago but I struggled to get 400 for a staggered set in used but very tidy condition. 

Lovely though they are I fear they're a bit rich in price. 

The E34 wheel market has changed in recent years where the wheel of choice for many was the BMW style 21 wheel ...                                                                                          But in recent years the once unloved AC Schnitzer wheels are now going for strong money and are in demand amongst the E34 crowd.       

I can see these wheels selling to a person building their dream M5 ... It's the wheel of choice for the perfect M5 and the right wheel for an M5                                                

I get what they are and the condition they're in but when you can get Michelin PS4 235/17s fitted for £105 and 255 for not much more 1000+ for the wheels seems to me a bit rich to me and on here at least no sniffs or offers. 

There are are far more TS's wheels about than ACS so not a fair comparison I don't think. 

Just my my opinion of course but a lovely wheel and condition and I wish the op GLWTS. 

They'd be pricey for a staggered setup IMO, so a square set of 8's will definitely struggle at any price into 4 figures. Unfortunately for you turbines (Style 20) are the more sought after wheel over throwing stars (Style 21).

The only real way of determining the market price would be to ebay them auction style and maybe set a reserve if necessary.

C.

There in stunning condition and tyres are great, but I can’t see anyone paying more than £6-700 for these personally, as anyone with an m5 will want staggered, and the lads with the lesser models likely won’t want to pay the money out for them especially being a square set,

I had similar issues trying to sell a set of genuine m parallels all 8j as I used the wider rears to make a square 9j set, no one wanted them and in the end sold all wheels individually, it’s a tough sell, I don’t see them bringing in anywhere near 1k sadly.

individualy in the condition there in I’d be asking £230-250 a wheel and id think that would be the best option for the op to get the most value from them 

sorry mate but your price is in the clouds. Even the europeans don't ask this much for a staggered set 

Might be worth listening to the feedback you've been given.

You'd probably achieve a little more cash if you split and sell wheels & tyres separately.

C.

33 minutes ago, cableguy said:

Might be worth listening to the feedback you've been given.

You'd probably achieve a little more cash if you split and sell wheels & tyres separately.

C.

There is a risk of damage to tyres or rims if you split them...

Edited by sharkfan

37 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

There is a risk of damage to tyres or rims if you split them...

Seriously? Any decent local tyre fitter can do this.

I've been swapping tyres onto different rims for years and never (touch wood) had any issues.

C.

Not going to argue about what they are worth and not going to split them, as yes, you have to be really careful not to damage the alloys. I have experience fitting/removing tyres myself, so I know it can happen. Besides, can't see them selling quicker without tyres.

The price is based on condition and availability. If you think you can find a set like this for less, then best of luck to you.

Those who are interested, please PM me.

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Azmontana said:

To give some reference. I just bought a fully refurbed staggered set for £800 inc delivery.

Non staggered aren’t as desirable so maybe take that into account and reprice realistically if you actually want to sell them. 

Thanks for the reference.

Is that including tyres? Also when you say refurbed, do you mean inside/out or just the face? And also is it done in original black/silver, like it is from factory? I've seen these sprayed in just one silver colour, which obviously works out cheaper. And I'm assuming the throwing stars were included in the sale, complete with centre caps, badges, bolts?

Tyres are meaningless as I’d want to pick my own and know they are brand new and made within at least 6 months from purchase date. So no tyres and I wouldn’t give much value to them in any case but that’s just me. 

Yes all bits except bolts and refurbed to factory spec.