Sign in to follow this  
GBS

P1074 Fault Code?

Hi All,

During a 200 mile trip and soon after refilling I got a Engine Check light on the display, although the car seem to drive fine and no changes per normal. I plugged in the OBD sensor today and got the following code:

P1047 - System too Lean (Bank 2)

Any idea what could be causing this? When I start the car I do get a somewhat rough idle but seems to calm down once the engine is warm. Potentially MAF, or Oxygen Sensors?

Also is there any issue with me driving the car with the fault code?

Thanks! :D

Look at the air intake boot.

The mid section I replaced so that should be fine, but I never replaced the section that connects to the throttle body, it could be that there’s a split in that section.

Extra air getting in after the MAF can cause these issues, so start cheap and work from there

Might be worth getting some dedicated MAF cleaner off Amazon and give the MAF a clean too.

Hopefully this will sort the issues once you’ve cleared the code, if not, time to look at the O2 sensors maybe?

8 hours ago, GBS said:

Hi All,

During a 200 mile trip and soon after refilling I got a Engine Check light on the display, although the car seem to drive fine and no changes per normal. I plugged in the OBD sensor today and got the following code:

P1047 - System too Lean (Bank 2)

Any idea what could be causing this? When I start the car I do get a somewhat rough idle but seems to calm down once the engine is warm. Potentially MAF, or Oxygen Sensors?

Also is there any issue with me driving the car with the fault code?

Thanks! :D

Air leaks are common on these cars as Dan said.

I have replaced both intake boots as they looked old and started to crack but no holes yet , remove yours and inspect them

I only found the source of my air leak when i smoke tested the intake.

Best advice is to get the intake system smoke tested  at a garage and that will find any leak if present....

Costed me 25 quid for the test ,well worth it instead of replacing stuff right and left 

Thanks both. Did a quick clean of the MAF and reset the code via the OBD2 app. Been driving it around town and no issues so far, i'll keep and eye out with your recommendations in mind :)

6 minutes ago, GBS said:

Thanks both. Did a quick clean of the MAF and reset the code via the OBD2 app. Been driving it around town and no issues so far, i'll keep and eye out with your recommendations in mind :)

Make sure that all the intake boot sections are tight together and none of the jubilee clips are loose either (ie. give them all another tighten); could be that it's just letting air in after the MAF and it's not happy