GBS

E39 530i Sapphire Black (GBS Project)

Thought it was about time I started a projects blog! My E39 was bought from @d_a_n1979 who took care of it at no expense and hoping to carry on the great work.

Next on the to do list is to do a audio overhaul with the help of @DennisCooper who has been super helpful, so watch this space!

Few initial pictures:

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

Been a while since my last update!

Recently done both of the Pre-Cat Oxygen Sensors and the 16" Turbine winter rims are now on!

Sneak peak of the upcoming audio build, still waiting for a few more parts: :lol:20181113_201123.thumb.jpg.cd2dd7e1a08e33c5f1887db0f83f99ad.jpg

@GBS - Looking forward to seeing how your audio build progresses .

Edited by Jay_w

Very late update, audio build was complete a while ago. Overall very impressed with the build, Team SPB did a fantastic job. If I was to do it all over again I'd probably get components in custom build A Pillars.

Parts:

• Components - Gladen Audio Zero 130
  • Amplifier - Gladen Audio RC150c5
  • Subwoofer - Adire Audio Tempest 15"
  • Processor - Helix DSP Mini 6 

Subwoofer (excuse the carpet):

20200718-130055.jpg

Hi GBS,

Better late than never ! 

Great selection of equipment and I'm sure Amar has done a great job for a great quality install ! Hoping to zip over to see him soon too !

Cheers, Dennis!

10 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

Hi GBS,

Better late than never ! 

Great selection of equipment and I'm sure Amar has done a great job for a great quality install ! Hoping to zip over to see him soon too !

Cheers, Dennis!

The infinite battle subwoofer is just straight badass!  Highly recommend Amar for any audio work :D

Tempted to go back to do some upgrades at some point, but have other areas of the car I need to spend £££ on first.

5 hours ago, GBS said:

The infinite battle subwoofer is just straight badass!  Highly recommend Amar for any audio work :D

Tempted to go back to do some upgrades at some point, but have other areas of the car I need to spend £££ on first.

What’s needing doing? Is it still as it was when you bought it or have you changed things?

Pretty much still how you left it Dan, apart from the audio build :D

Need to get it detailed again, tempted to machine polish it myself at some point.

Front seat looks worse for wear, I remember you got this done before.

Rust bubbled appearing near the sills, need to understand how much it's gonna be to fix and if it's worth it!

1 hour ago, GBS said:

Pretty much still how you left it Dan, apart from the audio build :D

Need to get it detailed again, tempted to machine polish it myself at some point.

Front seat looks worse for wear, I remember you got this done before.

Rust bubbled appearing near the sills, need to understand how much it's gonna be to fix and if it's worth it!

Get it sorted now before it gets worse & it won’t be expensive :)