McBeemer

EGR Technical Campaign - anyone been contacted by BMW yet?

12 hours ago, Bigge said:

Well iv just had a call from Sytner and im looking at 2-8 weeks wait. Backlog of 400 cars, parts on order.

I must have been so lucky, mine was a 3 day turn around at synter, being without your car for 8 weeks is not good enough.

Contacted dealer today, still waiting on parts, so still slumming it with my courtesy car. 630 GT X drive 

FB681E84-0E69-4984-9CD3-A4BCB308718F.jpeg

48DD3CE0-931D-4097-B356-8037BDEE8D24.jpeg

6BE8E64F-0A3A-4C35-9AD6-3ADEF3A37E24.jpeg

Edited by Mijmap

1 hour ago, Mijmap said:

Contacted dealer today, still waiting on parts, so still slumming it with my courtesy car. 630 GT X drive 

FB681E84-0E69-4984-9CD3-A4BCB308718F.jpeg

Green with envy.....im slumming it in a qashqai that stinks of fags. I had to wipe the whole interior down with antibacterial wipes before letting my kids in. Im still waiting for bmw or enterprise to get me a auto...

23 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

how on earth did they manage to break the grill? 

no idea, they were hoovering inside so probably grille got elbowed or something like that 

20190416_084104.jpg

Mines back home :) Almost 4 weeks but all sorted and had the call this morning out of the blue. Only downside is it's blatently been parked near some sort of flying rat feeding area as it's covered in bird excrement and it may have burnt through! My fault though as I asked them not to wash it. 

They also did me a decent price on the pads and discs which were required - just under £200 more than I could have done them with using ECP parts (after discount) but it's been done by them, included the sensor and service history updated. Considering selling shortly and on the 7 series, some people may get funny about it not having the BMW stamp considering it's under warranty foor another year and abit yet. 

Looking forward to giving it a proper clean the weekend!!