Liam2594

Comfort seat question

Asked a couple of dealers who couldn’t actually confirm. If you go for comfort seats I imagine you get memory and full electric passenger seat adjustment as standard? Weighing up the cost of drivers memory & electric passenger seat at £945 or £1,275 for comfort seats seems silly not to go for those. Currently speccing a G30 to see what we’re going to do come change time. 

Those are the prices when you're speccing an M-sport, but indeed the price difference is small between the sports and comfort seats when you want the memory option.

It' pretty obvious when you spec the car on the configurator, some dealers are just clueless :)

Like many options with BMW, you really need to see them "in-the-flesh" to determine whether they're the right seats for you. I have the comfort seats and would definitely spec them again. Some people swear by the sports seats. Some find one or the other very uncomfortable. Nappa is a nice luxury too, so get your local dealer to find you some cars with the different options for you to sit in.

The memory and full electric seat adjustment is pretty comprehensive and (I'm pretty sure) the same for both driver and passenger. Don't forget to get the lumbar.

18 minutes ago, Gr3gg said:

Like many options with BMW, you really need to see them "in-the-flesh" to determine whether they're the right seats for you. I have the comfort seats and would definitely spec them again. Some people swear by the sports seats. Some find one or the other very uncomfortable. Nappa is a nice luxury too, so get your local dealer to find you some cars with the different options for you to sit in.

The memory and full electric seat adjustment is pretty comprehensive and (I'm pretty sure) the same for both driver and passenger. Don't forget to get the lumbar.

Is lumbar not standard on comforts? 

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

This may help 

78F3461B-B607-4D13-B178-BD5ACFC13D67.jpeg

The buttons in this photo are not on a Comfort Seat.  Or at least are different to mine....

Edited by BRB

25 minutes ago, BRB said:

The buttons in this photo are not on a Comfort Seat.  Or at least are different to mine....

It was more about the info below regarding the comfort seat?  The bit where it says comfort seats ;)

Edited by TK421

Sorry came to they thread late - I cannot believe the cluelessness of some dealers - its really clear what you get with Comfort Seats from the Configurator as follows!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.c031a13cae3f03261b41e523c7507ee6.png

Edited by carrman

6 hours ago, carrman said:

Sorry came to they thread late - I cannot believe the cluelessness of some dealers - its really clear what you get with Comfort Seats from the Configurator as follows!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.c031a13cae3f03261b41e523c7507ee6.png

Perfect, thanks for the above. 

1 hour ago, Johnyboy said:

What’s the headrest adjustment? Only had the car for a year and havent found one yet.

No idea how general these things are, but on mine the seat backrest switch also adjusts the headrest up and down. You adjust the tilt just by pulling/pushing it. There's a safety catch to prevent it from being pushed backwards in operation.

9 hours ago, Boba said:

No idea how general these things are, but on mine the seat backrest switch also adjusts the headrest up and down. You adjust the tilt just by pulling/pushing it. There's a safety catch to prevent it from being pushed backwards in operation.

I’ll have to have another play, I found all the electronic adjustments, but not the manual push/pull ones. Cheers.

So is the comfort seat just a sport seat with more adjustments or is there more to them than that?

Richard

Totally different, seat is wider with no thigh bolsters. Backrest is in two pieces, so top can be tilted relative to bottom section. I think the sports seats look better.

Fitting comfort seats was the only way that I could get proper leather which is the main reason that I went for them.

Don't think I have seen comfort seats then. Can you add a couple of pics please?

This is the problem when you're trying to spec a new car all the dealerships usually have just the base spec plus a couple of options. I'm looking at buying a G31 540i but can't find one to get a 24hr test drive!!

When you say proper leather what do you mean?

Richard

By proper leather, I mean nappa. It's much  softer/smoother and doesn't have the artificial grain that the dakota leather does. I think it makes the world of difference to the car, some agree some don't. Just pop along to your local dealership and sit in a 7 series, pretty sure they all have the same comfort seats and nappa as standard.

If you look at this link, this car has got the comfort seats with nappa leather.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/12/2017-bmw-g30-5-series-design-interior/

On 9/22/2018 at 10:17 AM, Johnyboy said:

By proper leather, I mean nappa. It's much  softer/smoother and doesn't have the artificial grain that the dakota leather does. I think it makes the world of difference to the car, some agree some don't. Just pop along to your local dealership and sit in a 7 series, pretty sure they all have the same comfort seats and nappa as standard.

If you look at this link, this car has got the comfort seats with nappa leather.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/10/12/2017-bmw-g30-5-series-design-interior/

100% agree with this. The nappa is so smooth, including on the door and centre arm rest. Comfort seats + nappa defo on my list again on any new motor.