The Flying Banana

Burt Reynolds has died ...a legend I think!!

Great shame,10-4 Bandit from a fellow trucker,nothing but the open road for you now,

RIP.

Vanity Fair journalist Ned Zeman once asked Reynolds if he had any regrets. "I would have spent more money and had a lot more fun," he replied. "It's always possible to spend more money."

ledge!

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

^ indeed he was a sad sight to see on gas monkey a couple of years back. 

Yes, that shocked me a bit actually.

A true legend, and absolutely at home in the 70s and early 80s.  When we were young back then, a Burt Reynolds movie on the TV was something not to be missed - something to be planned around, and to stay up late for.

10-4 good buddy - I'll miss you.

11 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Yes, that shocked me a bit actually.

A true legend, and absolutely at home in the 70s and early 80s.  When we were young back then, a Burt Reynolds movie on the TV was something not to be missed - something to be planned around, and to stay up late for.

10-4 good buddy - I'll miss you.

that's right .. a good film of some kind had planning .. it was spoken about and a deal made to all be sat down etc .. that has all disappeared now .. nothing is special anymore lol

25 minutes ago, The Flying Banana said:

nothing is special anymore lol

I hate to sound old and grumpy - but that does seem to be the way of it.  Everyone wants everything now.  Instant.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - there ain't no way.....NO WAY that you could come from my loins.  When I go home I'm gonna.....  Oh wait - no!  I mean - I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the internet has fucked everything up.  :D

Edited by Calypso-E34

15 minutes ago, Nomis said:

I feel it's only right to watch smokey and the bandit tonight at 17.05 on ITV4 with a beer or few as a tribute to the legend :wink:

Set to record although I think I'll probably buy em on iTunes if they're on. Cant believe they're not in my collection already TBH :roll: