Mazi

E39 Alpina D10

Got the later facelift Sport steering wheel - prefacelift Alpinas had the bus style steering wheels. May be the nav was retrofitted in Europe

Hi,

It's been listed up quite a number of times now and each time it fails to sell and there's a gap between it being listed up again...

Am I right in thinking that if indeed it was a new import to the UK in 2007, it'd have still been given an 07 or 57 number plate?

There's definitely something a little 'off' about it!

Cheers, Dennis!

Fairly sure the car is genuine.  The boot badge doesn’t seem to be genuine, but place this to one side.  It doesn’t explain why the older screen or why the ALPINA build plaque is in the wrong place.  

One possibility and mentioned is something like ALPINA had the base car for several years before registering it (as it seems like this is the last but one made), and never replaced the screen? Or another possibility the screen was stolen or failed, and the then owner only sourced the older screen, and for whatever reason (if it was stolen) inserted the plaque in the wrong location.  

9 hours ago, inkiboo said:

On the plate date, I’ve imported a couple of cars and always been given a plate relevant to the build date not the import date. 

Me too. I once saw a Mercedes S class W126 on an 03 plate though, confirmed via the DVLA. That was odd.