TameAutumn

Best price for MPPSK on G30/G31 540i (UK)

Hi all,

I am looking for the best price for the MPPSK on my G31 540i in the UK.

Been quoted £3.5K by the local dealer but that sounds higher than some prices people have said they have got, so want to challenge them on this using other main dealer prices.

Anyone able to help me out here?

BR

TameAutumn

Hi, new to the forum and stumbled across this post.  I have done some shopping/ phoning round and managed to source and book my 540i in for the mppsk to include fitting for £2250. I was originally quoted £3k plus so happy to have struck this deal. 

12 hours ago, Blockworks said:

Hi, new to the forum and stumbled across this post.  I have done some shopping/ phoning round and managed to source and book my 540i in for the mppsk to include fitting for £2250. I was originally quoted £3k plus so happy to have struck this deal. 

Where was that quote from? Thats a good price.

On 27/08/2018 at 11:19, carrman said:

Haven’t these been withdrawn due to WLTP?

The MPPSK hasn't been withdrawn, but newer 540's can't have it - the cars that have the petrol particulate filter to comply with WLTP are not compatible with the MPPSK. But the earlier cars that don't have the PPF can still get the MPPSK and BMW will still supply and fit it to those cars. I checked with a dealer about 2 weeks ago.

Original quote was from Douglas park bmw in Scotland who I found via eBay. I was planning on making the trip but my local dealership agreed to match the price. I'm guessing most dealers should be able to get close with some haggling however I think this price is close to cost as it includes 6hrs labour for install.

Edited by Blockworks

On 2/6/2019 at 10:18 AM, mobilejo said:

Where was that quote from? Thats a good price.

The MPPSK hasn't been withdrawn, but newer 540's can't have it - the cars that have the petrol particulate filter to comply with WLTP are not compatible with the MPPSK. But the earlier cars that don't have the PPF can still get the MPPSK and BMW will still supply and fit it to those cars. I checked with a dealer about 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas on whether an 18 plate (produced end of March 2018) falls under the 'earlier' cars?

Hi guys

Just thought i'd bring this up. 

I am looking to get the MPPSK on my 540i. Been quoted £2,850 all in by Sytner BMW. Anyone else had their kits recently fitted? i've been in touch with Douglas Park and waiting to see what they can do it for.

Thanks

On 1 April 2019 at 11:22 AM, MN540 said:

Hi guys

Just thought i'd bring this up. 

I am looking to get the MPPSK on my 540i. Been quoted £2,850 all in by Sytner BMW. Anyone else had their kits recently fitted? i've been in touch with Douglas Park and waiting to see what they can do it for.

Thanks

Hi, you should be able to get this for £2300ish with some haggling... 

Just a thumbs up for Sytner Birmingham. The lads there got me the MPPSK for a very good price and the service was top notch. Had a new 320d for a day and then an M5 for 2 days! What a beast. Took 3 days in total but the job was done properly when I got it back. 

I would definitely recommend Sytner Birmingham. I purchased my car from them also.