Sign in to follow this  
AndrewMac85

What's it worth - B10?

Hi All,

I'm planning to move on from my E39 B10, but I'm struggling to price it due to the wide ranges of prices online. My car is an Alpina B10 V8 (98) in Blue II with all the toys you would expect. The mileage is at the higher end at 150k, and I've done a huge amount of work myself.  The car has a few faults, so I'm wondering where everyone thinks I should price it at?

Cheers,

As vague as it sounds, its worth what someone is willing to pay. Someone buying a car like this is an enthusiast and will be more interested in the detail, receipts of things bought/replaced, the condition etc. 150k on a 20 year old car is an avg of 7.5k a year, so its not that high. Unless its now due any major work at this mileage. 

Start at a higher price that's realistic (somewhere towards the top end) be honest in the advert & see what happens. You can always lower a price if there are no bites and helps you judge the marketplace. What a car is up for sale for vs what it sells for are 2 very different things. A buyer will always haggle and a seller will always leave room to move. 

2 minutes ago, dj1233 said:

As vague as it sounds, its worth what someone is willing to pay. Someone buying a car like this is an enthusiast and will be more interested in the detail, receipts of things bought/replaced, the condition etc. 150k on a 20 year old car is an avg of 7.5k a year, so its not that high. Unless its now due any major work at this mileage. 

Start at a higher price that's realistic (somewhere towards the top end) be honest in the advert & see what happens. You can always lower a price if there are no bites and helps you judge the marketplace. What a car is up for sale for vs what it sells for are 2 very different things. A buyer will always haggle and a seller will always leave room to move. 

Thanks. Better cars are on the market for 9995, so I'm definitely due to advertise a lot lower than that. I think I'll chuck an advert up and see where I get to with interest.

2 hours ago, mumbojumbo said:

There are a few on carand classic for sale, so you can use that to judge...

Yeah I think there is a few dreamers out there, dealers that are thinking anything German and 90s is mega money. My plan will be to tart it up for sale and offer it at a sensible price on the forum. 

It's a B10.... Not worth anything...;) but I'd find a space on my drive for it if you want rid :D

All jokes aside, as has been said it's worth what someone is willing to pay/how much they want one. 

1 hour ago, trenchy24 said:

It's a B10.... Not worth anything...;) but I'd find a space on my drive for it if you want rid :D

All jokes aside, as has been said it's worth what someone is willing to pay/how much they want one. 

Ha! Well It is time to get rid you'll be the first to know ;)