Dans

Fuses

My g31 in med blue arrived today. Even happier with it than expected.... Having had 2 bmws previously a 116d and 318d the 5 is world's apart they were both 4/5 years ago now.... Been in a jeep since and didn't realise how much I loved bmw until mine arrived this morning!! 

Anyway..... Fuse locations.... Is it just the fuse box in the boot?? Trying to work out how to hardwire my dashcam.... 

Any help appreciated!!! 

Search   dashcam install, lots written with correct fuse number to use.

fuses are under dash in drivers footwell.  Installed Nextbase 512gw a while back, purchased from Halfords with the Nextbase hard wire kit.  Took 30 mins start to finish with all wire hidden.  Had to change a crimp end to suit a 8mm bolt under the dash for the earth, otherwise simple.

There is so little on the internet about fuse locations in the G3x.

The best place to hard wire a cam is on the drivers side. There is a fuse box above the kick panel above the pedals.

Very tight to get to but much easier to wire especially for G30's or if you have a short cable. Plenty of spares in there to piggy back off and then run wire up the a pillar, under the roof lining and to camera

6 hours ago, larriebee said:

Not even a picture of your new arrival? ☹️

As soon as it is washed!! Haha! It was. On the back of a transporter for a 300 mile motorway journey to me. So. Needs cleaning!!!!! 

3 hours ago, Deganwyman said:

Take a look at my instal with pics hope it helps

It did indeed!! Thank you! All installed and not a bad job if I say so myself!!! I will be cleaning it this pm and then. Some pics!! 

Be very careful what fuses you use in cars with an electronic dash. If you use a fuse to the dash, you will screw up the system, error codes on the dash, bmw connect giving erroneous errors and a call to your local dealer which will result in a new dash.

I know I've posted a few things on here about dash cams, so I hope this is of use. It seems that actual fuse box info is in short supply, however I've found the info I've spent weeks seeking. 

Your fuse box info is found at www.bmw.com/fusecard. Type in your full VIN number and you will be rewarded with a download pdf of your fuse boxes and fuse meanings.

I've attached the fuse diagram for my post july 2019 build G31 540i sport drive. Clearly options make a difference.

Thx.

G1X_G3X_PU0319_8713126_8713127_8713128.pdf

I couldn't get the fusecard website to work

Despite putting in my correct VIN I just get :

Unfortunately there is no online fuse assignment plan available for the specified vehicle identification number. Please contact your BMW partner

Does this work for anyone else ?

4 hours ago, pt530i said:

I couldn't get the fusecard website to work

Despite putting in my correct VIN I just get :

Unfortunately there is no online fuse assignment plan available for the specified vehicle identification number. Please contact your BMW partner

Does this work for anyone else ?

I got the same as you