Sign in to follow this  
roundy

old problem has returned :(

Left/right Bmw side light failure / vertical head light issue has returned which has really annoyed me!! Seeing as i replaced both of the TMS modules not so long ago it's a shame i'm dealing with this again so soon.  The original seller has replaced both again twice, without fail but my issue is one module works and the other won't. 

The working one will work right and left and the other one throws up the error regardless off which side it's in so i'm abit puzzled to be honest.  To be clear i've used 2 different ebay sellers so not the same supplier both times.

The working module - Lights turn on when door is opened/engine on, work normally etc

The none working module - Lights don't come at startup but work as they should when the lights are switched on the driving. 

Just wondering have i been unlucky and had bad modules delivered.

Only Error i have now is from Carly -

:LM LIN bus error TMS Links

Code 800FC8

I'm actually thinking of just taking the car to BMW as i'm losing my patience with this car. 

Allot of time was spent diagnosing this issue and In the end i needed a whole new head light module to resolve this issue, moisture had obviously gotten in and caused corrosion. Pain in the arse and still think it's a bad design by Bmw. 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:21 AM, roundy said:

Allot of time was spent diagnosing this issue and In the end i needed a whole new head light module to resolve this issue, moisture had obviously gotten in and caused corrosion. Pain in the arse and still think it's a bad design by Bmw. 

Out of interest what was the cost to supply and replace this and did it need to go to the dealer for the work to be done?  I fear I'm not far behind you with my constantly misted up unit.

When I used to have Pre-LCI F10’s as company cars I had this issue a lot across many cars. I’d genuinely say about 90% of the time a complete new headlight unit was required under warranty at the time, on the odd occasion did the module fix it. 

Not even 2 months since the drivers side was corrected and now the other side is playing up!!!!! This car is testing my patience.

I hope it's just the sensor and not the whole light module,i refuse to spend all that money again!