jake13

Is it worth it?

Got carried away, it was just a minor crack on the bumper......

IMG_20180620_101240_zpstf6del4e.jpg

After a week without a car, my neighbour kindly lend me use his 2009 E60 530d (pictures will follow) as a daily drive. :D

21 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

How do you find the 530d compared to your 535d?

To be honest I haven't driven it on the motorway, just local roads and It has 19" wheels with front normal tyres and rear run flats. The steering has 'rubbery' feeling, probably due to the tyres. You can feel rear when going over uneven road surface. I have driven an E60 530i which handles better than an E61 so something in not right here. The SAT box is very very nice and does liven up the engine, however I prefer the M5 paddle shifters. Despite changing front discs (genuine £60 pair :D) and brake fluid service, the brakes on the 535d are better (348mm twin pot).

Although no one shares my car, the mechanical seat adjustment was a bit getting use to on the 530d(:ph34r:) and it does not have folding mirrors which I frequently use when passing cars by and parking up.

Despite me knitt picking, it's a very good car and I can live with one with SAT box or flashed with XHP.

32 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Your 535d has twin pot calipers?

Is the same size of disc as my E60 but they were single pot calipers.

Yes, twin piston with 348mm x 36mm discs.

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's almost the spitting image of mine even down to the same wheel colour but it's too clean and the panel gaps look correct on that one :lol:

Hopefully, getting mines back tomorrow.

Headache keeping it clean, use to washing it once every month or so. Another anxiety is parking, I'll be lucky it will stay unscathed and was the main reason I never got it done in the first place.

I used to worry about parking, especially in supermarkets, but my M Sport still gets admiring glances and people seem to respect it. 

I'm also careful wear i park it and am prepared to walk a little further than most people.  

No dings thus far :)

Edited by Deviant

I reckon that'd buff out :wacko:.

WTF happend? ...half the wheel is missing.

Edited by DarkHorse

3 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

I reckon that'd buff out :wacko:.

WTF happend? ...half the wheel is missing.

Hit & Run.....Middle of the night (2am?). Some toe rag lost control in a Porche Cayanne, probably drunk and the reaper had my car on his list. The front n/s shock broke in half, the impact was so violent that both wheels smashed the kerb and the rear o/s brake disc broke in half!!!

Ah shit! That's the pits. How do you know it was a Cayanne? And/or is there any chance of the culprit being held to account?

Keliuss

5 minutes ago, Keliuss said:

Ah shit! That's the pits. How do you know it was a Cayanne? And/or is there any chance of the culprit being held to account?

Keliuss

It was left at the scene without the occupants.

Oh! That type of hit and "run". I was thinking that it would have been a credit to the Porsche that it was able to drive away after that, but obviously not. I don't envy you the hassle of the paperwork/bureaucracy you now face, besides having your pride & joy creamed. 

Keliuss