PedroC

LED Angel Eye bulbs.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:50 PM, Marc_86 said:

They are the brightest ive ever seen.

So bright in fact that you seem to lose the rings/shapes. Do you have any head on pics?

You probably wouldn't even need your low beam with how bright they are.

Obviously that photo was taken inside (on an iPhone).

Here’s an outside (bright Autumn day) head on shot I just took.

FC3B7765-DDF8-45FE-9E1A-5B2578BFBC57.jpeg

On 04/04/2018 at 7:15 PM, PedroC said:

In the 1st pic, the 540's angel eyes look brighter, but in the 2nd shot the 520's bulbs look pretty bright!

@d_a_n1979 @Steve540  Do either of you get the canbus flicker/pulsing from the angel eyes when the car is on but the lights are off?

The 520s lower power angel eyes look brighter due to the time of the day at which that picture was taken. The pic was also a for sale picture so I used a SLR camera which is why its such good quality. The 540s lights are way brighter though.

Yes there is canbus flicker from both angel eyes which is perfectly normal for LED units since they are so power sensitive. The flickering doesn't last long

On 07/04/2018 at 6:33 AM, Rosie said:

Obviously that photo was taken inside (on an iPhone).

Here’s an outside (bright Autumn day) head on shot I just took.

FC3B7765-DDF8-45FE-9E1A-5B2578BFBC57.jpeg

Ere, mate.. looks good in daylight!

Edited by PedroC

18 hours ago, Steve540 said:

The 520s lower power angel eyes look brighter due to the time of the day at which that picture was taken. The pic was also a for sale picture so I used a SLR camera which is why its such good quality. The 540s lights are way brighter though.

Yes there is canbus flicker from both angel eyes which is perfectly normal for LED units since they are so power sensitive. The flickering doesn't last long

Question.  What are the original halogen bulbs rated at, and would installing the higher powered LEDs mess with the light control module?

If you have flickering/strobing at startup, you'll have flickering at regular intervals if they aren't switched on. I can't recall the timeframe, but the LCM does regular cold checks.

Cold checks can be turned off in LCM4.

11 minutes ago, Allanw said:

If you have flickering/strobing at startup, you'll have flickering at regular intervals if they aren't switched on. I can't recall the timeframe, but the LCM does regular cold checks.

Cold checks can be turned off in LCM4.

Every 15 seconds IIRC

1 hour ago, Marc_86 said:

Every 15 seconds IIRC

Not something I've thought about before until your post, but presumably you can code the angel eyes to be on all the time as DRL's with auto light function?