salko

Strange glitches after coding

This is my first post, sorry for my bad english, I'm a self learner ...
I am a new owner of 3 year old 530xd LCI F11, I had to go to the official dealer this Monday to fix some AdBlue problems. The dealer had to code the car to the latest software version to be able to determine the cause of AdBlue problems, but now after this service I am noticing some strage glitches which I haven't noticed before this coding and I need to know if someone is also experiencing this:
  • if I unlock the car (after it was locked for at least about 5-10 minutes) the rear combination roller automatically lifts and lowers for few centimeters
  • when I shut down the engine (pressing start&stop button) and then shutdown the radio (foot of the brake and again pressing start&stop button) I sometimes see the front wipers twitching once (maybe for about a centimeter)
  • the front wipers are now making an unpleasant noise at both dead stop positions when wiping, otherwise the wipers are brand new Bosch Aerotwin and they are cleaning perfectly
  • when I lock/unlock the car I sometimes see the triangle on a rearview mirror (I have blind spot detection option) flashes shortly

Thank you!

Edited by salko

AdBlu on a BMW F11? Are you sure?

Not sure exactly what was coded, but, some of your symptoms sound strange, others perhaps normal.

Edited by nashdm2

Yes, 100% sure for AdBlue. AFAIK all 530d F1x with xDrive have AdBlue system, unfortunatelly ...

Regarding the glitches it would be very helpful if you write down which ones are quite normal and which ones not so normal ...

Regarding the noisy wipers I now think I found the cause: I guess it's a waxing in a carwash about a week ago and since today is the first rainy day since then I am now annoyed from damn wipers :lol:

Guessing your F11 isn’t from the U.K. market, as we never had any xDrive F10/F11’s here.

My rear load cover did the same thing for a while, but hasn’t done it for ages.

As for your wipers twitching when turn off, this is perfectly normal and should do it every 5th time you turn off the car and is apparently to stop the wiper blades resting in the same position all the time and wearing improperly.

I also have Bosch Aerotwin wipers that are only about 3 weeks old, and after washing the car at the weekend I have found them making a noise too when they reach the bottom of the screen and put it down to whatever was in the snow foam, as like yourself they are cleaning the screen perfectly. Spraying the windscreen with the BMW screenwash stops the noise for a while, but think I’ll need to clean the windscreen with some glass cleaner. 

You're right, my F11 is from Germany 8)

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one with those glitches, your explanation for twitching wipers makes sense - apparently it's a feature, not a bug!

Now let's hope that rear load cover will stop twitching too :D

Thank you!

Edited by salko

I agree with others, none of the symptoms you mention are glitches, they are features. 

Just for clarity, your car software was updated and not coded. This means that any enhancements BMW has made to the car's 15+ ECUs' software since your car was manufactured are now available in your car . Coding is something we enthusiasts do to cars to change little features. It is basically switching features on or off. So for instance, on the F11, you can code the button near the driver's leg to open AND close the tailgate - by default you can only open it from there.

My wipers twitch too and the reason given matches the above. 

When I was new to the F10, there was a thread on here discussing all the strange things that the F10 does that folk thought were odd but they are perfectly normal...in F10/11 ownership anyway.

I still don't know what is the point of twitching the rear load cover ... and flashing orange triangle while locking/unlocking the car ...