Sign in to follow this  
duncan-uk

Vintage rc cars - sg tiger

So as part of operation clear out I'm considering selling my old tc cars. 

I have a couple of tamiyas from the 80s and I can value these quite easily but I have one that I've not seen for sale elsewhere. 

Its an SG tiger 2wd. I believe its italian and has a Rossi engine. 

Its not run in probably 25+ years but is complete and I'm sure could be git up and running. 

My question is are they desirable? Or just an oddity. 

Any help?

The problem is dunc, the old RC stuff is well, old. I know that’s stating the obvious but as technology moved on nothing survived and the only way to get it working is swapping out the old bits for new and most of the time it’s cheaper to buy a new one! 

How do you start it? 

and if it’s italian it’ll only work when IT wants to....

:lol: 

There was many a time I’d pack up my petrol buggy and head the beach/big open car parks or anywhere that I could get top speed out of it, just to get one run from it then it would die! I’d try everything to get it running again but would give up then take it home, try it and hey presto it would fire up and run for ages.... :evil: 

It will appeal to someone, it might be worth having a look on some RC forums? 

Either start high and see if there’s any takers or start at what your happy with, if it sells the next day it’s to cheap....

a quck search came back with the 4wd buggy’s asking around $600 so it might be more of an American thing? 

But don’t know if that’s the same era of car? 

Dunno? Sorry dude! 

I’ll make an offer, £12 and a half eaten packet of crisps? I could give you an extra empty packet if that sweetens the deal? :lol: 

Is it this dunc? 

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-classic-cars-trucks-513/11590553-vintage-sg-tiger.html

if so the bloke asking the question almost 5 years ago didn’t fair well with the responses...

theres a few bits on ebay Italy and a couple of cars one is 150€ and one was 300(odd)€ but that had no engine! 

On 21/03/2018 at 1:58 PM, duncan-uk said:

You start it with an electric motor with a rubber tyre applied to the flywheel.

Or using the back wheel of an upturned push bike in a high gear!!