BLITZ

Leaking washer tank

11 hours ago, BLITZ said:

My windscreen washer tank is leaking. I'm assuming its the rubber grommets. Its not clear on realoem so does anyone have the part numbers to replace them all?

Thanks

Hi...chances are it could well be the strainer seal.

Ive just bought one last month as mine was missing and would leak all the screenwash within two days:

Part number 61667006063.

13 hours ago, BLITZ said:

My windscreen washer tank is leaking. I'm assuming its the rubber grommets. Its not clear on realoem so does anyone have the part numbers to replace them all?

Thanks

Check your filler tube, they can split also . When you fill up most goes on the ground 

It seems to be a generally terrible design and like it can leak from multiple places. After fixing one leak (perished seal on one of the pumps mean whenever I filled it up, it would just leak out past the O ring at the end of the output nozzle - new pump fixed that) I've found now that mine sometimes holds screenwash, sometimes decides to leak it all out over a period of days - I've not had the car up to look at where / how it's escaping yet. I have found it happens worse if parked on an incline with the nose of the car pointing down hill.

Certainly be interested to hear what you find when you get stuck into it.

Edited by chicaneuk

20 minutes ago, chicaneuk said:

It seems to be a generally terrible design and like it can leak from multiple places. After fixing one leak (perished seal on one of the pumps mean whenever I filled it up, it would just leak out past the O ring at the end of the output nozzle - new pump fixed that) I've found now that mine sometimes holds screenwash, sometimes decides to leak it all out over a period of days - I've not had the car up to look at where / how it's escaping yet. I have found it happens worse if parked on an incline with the nose of the car pointing down hill.

Certainly be interested to hear what you find when you get stuck into it.

That to me sounds like where the pumps go into the washer bottle/tank. As they are located at the front...so if you park facing downhill - the fluid will run to the front of the tank where the pumps go it and leak from there if your seals are knackered/missing.

HTH