andy_ran

BMW's being Broken into and interior items stolen!!

13 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

I've read recently that there's 'pouches' you can keep inside the house which 'block' the signal that comes from the keys.

That is correct Dennis, i bought this one and it works. I put my phone in it and got the missus to call it and it went straight to answerphone. 

I suppose the only downside is that if they want your car that badly it will make them more likely to break into the house to get the keys. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071DP4KTZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes it's a Faraday pouch and becoming a good seller since the influx of car thieves to the country using range extenders to access cars...

My opinion is it's an insured asset, not worth having some smackhead sticking a screwdriver in my/families neck because he's off his tits and wants his £200 finders fee for the car.

My train of thought is if they are brazen enough to come into my house (not the easiest to get into with decent doors anti bump/snap locks cctv etc, but I'm not foolish enough to think it's impenetrable) then they can have it. I even go as far as leaving my key where I've always left it, which is probably the first place they'd look.

Lots of people will say they'd fight back etc. and whilst I would it would be calculated and when you are woken from a deep sleep with a torch in your face reality is different, not worth putting my family at risk imo.

Really sorry to read and see this happen to someone's P&J.

Re the wallets, they are called Faraday Wallets. I've had mine for around six months now. They have a lining which stops electrical/radio signals being transmitted to any other devices in the local or near vicinity. It's a great product that costs very little to protect your cars key data being picked up. ;)

C.

More reports surfacing. This one was from the 5th :(

Exactly the same mo 

Not and f10 this time. Please all be extra vigilant 

Screenshot_20180207-165406.png

On 2/5/2018 at 9:02 PM, andy_ran said:

I have checked with the owner, some are OK, others are not - it seems they too care with the bits that where being removed at the expense of the bits they didn't want :(

Over 30 reported incidents in the last two weeks on Kent now not just f10's but the latest range rovers and anything newish from bmw

There's been quite a few RR stolen down here in S Wales they use scanners to retrieve the code, the police have been warning people not to leave keys in the front door or near the front door.

They need to be hung up by their Buster Browns!

On 2/6/2018 at 12:35 PM, sshooie said:

Yes it's a Faraday pouch and becoming a good seller since the influx of car thieves to the country using range extenders to access cars...

My opinion is it's an insured asset, not worth having some smackhead sticking a screwdriver in my/families neck because he's off his tits and wants his £200 finders fee for the car.

My train of thought is if they are brazen enough to come into my house (not the easiest to get into with decent doors anti bump/snap locks cctv etc, but I'm not foolish enough to think it's impenetrable) then they can have it. I even go as far as leaving my key where I've always left it, which is probably the first place they'd look.

Lots of people will say they'd fight back etc. and whilst I would it would be calculated and when you are woken from a deep sleep with a torch in your face reality is different, not worth putting my family at risk imo.

That's why you want a big dog in the house!

Our mastiff is the gentlest, most soft natured, dopey dog ever but even a hint that front gate has moved or someone's on the chippings in the drive and the front door's practically off its hinges, even the local tealeaf shit himself

We have a dog but he's a 10 year old Schnauzer and has been asleep in the living room when the window cleaners cleaned the windows and never woke up!

I'm being a bit unfair, they'd have to step over him t get up the stairs...

jBGm8ldfoKIR3qB2RpNOl4znfH8qhXeaQsnQqMePy3zuqRPy2WoG0nreK1oDx8Qj74qrNwZGPZIsxk_97F1FCgU0pgu0kC9gtQmeI3PO3Z6ONkn1iEbgeIxq3qYHvrVF9vv8GE5_tNzzlW_gvy_M4ilbTs-fH1CVDZ9bOkkox4qG0bFdgfW35NH7O0F0IUIfwFghbsJ0D_G589-gZ7Fa--zu5fBKQ9vv0rQPIL0mfQwOc5oIah0jV5BqytqZM4hdHA5X_fSgUh76BiLOkgtZYeH73BfgVFCoWThNv-lWFmp2Tsadu9z6uaQmh6CMbvHgCe0kgsMyo2CBs-HiQu2llmK5OKhMfAU4RgesiHUlLPE0FLyvYJyQtp757o0L_iXVH7fnIr2m3AqeGU6WknMZZa2uVEN_2avS8BtzBF_klNnk5n1ZAZBtlji6DWbiYZp_CK54M1fk_9xwfRKdwFqkNgiBdwoSG3gbwzKmZ6AFg1aTo4MFdZXe-7Q0wkeVInx_OlfXkTN_aHSTZk41A8_8aCQNmPIHl1vNr7RptA7G6zJX3HusX2CrOsRYLy8qsFxjxNo40n3yFXNiWz_mrQnq3n4xMR3O17eSKZhTFLa8=w1191-h893-no

Edited by sshooie

I think we'd all be worrying about how well coded and reliable thats going to prove unless theyve got a bloody brilliant local dealer.... erm, does anyone have one of those!? 

On 06/02/2018 at 2:51 PM, cableguy said:

Really sorry to read and see this happen to someone's P&J.

Re the wallets, they are called Faraday Wallets. I've had mine for around six months now. They have a lining which stops electrical/radio signals being transmitted to any other devices in the local or near vicinity. It's a great product that costs very little to protect your cars key data being picked up. ;)

C.

You keep your spare in it as well I assume?