bmwmike

F10 door corrosion

Just when you think they cant sink any lower eh. Keep the pressure on and you will get there in the end. Hope you are chasing all the dealers (that saw your car) for paint readings and photos @Oilburner ... whats the bet they all made the same 'mistake' haha. Liars. Cant get a job at bmw unless you have smoke coming out of your pants and a nose that grows.

Edited by bmwmike

After all what's gone in the last few months regarding my Door Corrosion issue with BMW Dealers and BMW UK,  it's unbelievable last Wednesday they sent me a customer satisfaction survey from guess who,  yes I really mean BMW UK !

Needless to say, I have refrained from filling it out yet.

If this was not so serious, it's really laughable. :angry:

Reading through this, there seem to be a fair few cases that get sorted without dealers asking for service history. Is this normally the case or does it seem to be dealer dependant?

Mines back in today hopefully gets sorted.. tbf stratstone have been good no service history checks on mine or anything. 

Lovely loan car G31 520d mhev msport touring xdrive heated steering wheel heads up display etc....

20210709-082949.jpg

20210709-083001.jpg

Had just 11 miles on the clock. 

Edited by marko530d

46 minutes ago, Boba said:

I guess the reversing camera is a bit misted over? ;)

:lol:I was late quick 30 second dash to pick my security pass up and I was gone ....

Bmw called today wont get my car back til next week at the earliest.

on the plus side get to take the G31 on a family day trip Saturday put few miles on it.

@percha did you get yours sorted.

Edited by marko530d

2 hours ago, marko530d said:

on the plus side get to take the G31 on a family day trip Saturday put few miles on it.

@percha did you get yours sorted.

That’s a double edged sword isn’t it? On the one hand a pain to have to wait but then on the other you get used to a fabulous brand new top spec 5 and the longer you have it the harder to give it back?

I had a Mini Cooper 5 door which was fabulously fun to drive but a 5 (even a 3!) would have been nice to compare to my F11…

look forward to hearing how the G31 serves you in your long family trip.

How long on average have people waited to hear back from the bodyshops? Took mine in a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet, albeit the chap said it’s a slow process. 

[mention=71923]percha[/mention] did you get yours sorted.
@marko530d No nothing yet about my smart repair, another email reminder I guess even though they said they were waiting for the touch up to come in last time which is rubbish as that's 1-3days max and it was over a month ago now..

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

How long on average have people waited to hear back from the bodyshops? Took mine in a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet, albeit the chap said it’s a slow process. 
Two weeks is general timeframe, normally.

I got a call from actual bodyshop themselves friday went over there to show them my issue's. 

They told me bmw went very clear on the issue's with my car and wanted to get it sorted so it doesn't go back again.

Hopefully get it back this week all sorted.

Edited by marko530d

13 hours ago, percha said:

@marko530d No nothing yet about my smart repair, another email reminder I guess even though they said they were waiting for the touch up to come in last time which is rubbish as that's 1-3days max and it was over a month ago now..

Get onto them buddy longer you wait more chance they will say ( it could of happened anytime) .. 

10 hours ago, bmwmike said:

@oilburner how are you getting on, any joy yet?

Yeah @Oilburner how you getting on buddy any joy yet ..

On 15/07/2021 at 21:40, F1-11 said:

That’s a double edged sword isn’t it? On the one hand a pain to have to wait but then on the other you get used to a fabulous brand new top spec 5 and the longer you have it the harder to give it back?

I had a Mini Cooper 5 door which was fabulously fun to drive but a 5 (even a 3!) would have been nice to compare to my F11…

look forward to hearing how the G31 serves you in your long family trip.

Its a fabulous motor got 51.6mpg at sensible speeds, the 2.0d can be a bit jerky compared to the 3.0d n57 as its so smooth. 

Would love a g31 touring in 530d/540i guise.

Edited by marko530d

3 hours ago, marko530d said:

the 2.0d can be a bit jerky compared to the 3.0d n57

That’s interesting- I know the B47 in the G series is substantially re-worked in terms of mild-hybrid and probably several years’ worth of improvements but that’s a characteristic that my B47 2.0d exhibits slightly too - it seems a bit snatch-y in the driveline in a similar way to my old 205 GTi albeit much milder. Perhaps jerkiness is a feature of that engine…

11 hours ago, F1-11 said:

That’s interesting- I know the B47 in the G series is substantially re-worked in terms of mild-hybrid and probably several years’ worth of improvements but that’s a characteristic that my B47 2.0d exhibits slightly too - it seems a bit snatch-y in the driveline in a similar way to my old 205 GTi albeit much milder. Perhaps jerkiness is a feature of that engine…

The start/stop and engine coasting - shut down etc is near perfect.

No button to turn off start/stop either, must be left in sport mode or otherwise it will always be active.

No big deal as the system is very unintrusive.

Edited by marko530d

22 hours ago, marko530d said:

Yeah @Oilburner how you getting on buddy any joy yet ..

Not heard nothing

On 19/07/2021 at 23:36, bmwmike said:

@oilburner how are you getting on, any joy yet?

Not heard anything.

It was suggested that I contacted BMW Chandlers who was the first dealer that rejected the claim, that stated the reasons non BMW servicing, and the driver door paint maybe borderline, I have asked them for the paint depth readings they had taken and sent to BMW UK, they have failed to respond to my request, although BMW UK sent me a strange email regarding Chandlers with a apology for delay, but email did not make any sense as they referred to a different Chandlers branch at a different location, and still no paint depth readings.

1 hour ago, Oilburner said:

Not heard nothing

Not heard anything.

It was suggested that I contacted BMW Chandlers who was the first dealer that rejected the claim, that stated the reasons non BMW servicing, and the driver door paint maybe borderline, I have asked them for the paint depth readings they had taken and sent to BMW UK, they have failed to respond to my request, although BMW UK sent me a strange email regarding Chandlers with a apology for delay, but email did not make any sense as they referred to a different Chandlers branch at a different location, and still no paint depth readings.

You have owned that vehicle from new that's ridiculous.

Service History was never mentioned for me hope you get is sorted @Oilburner.

7 hours ago, marko530d said:

You have owned that vehicle from new that's ridiculous.

Service History was never mentioned for me hope you get is sorted @Oilburner.

Yes owned it from new, and it's never had any paintwork done on the car since new, certainly not since driving out of the showroom on collection day, so if the dealers or BMW UK are implying it's had previous paintwork carried out they will have to take  up their query  with the main BMW dealership I purchased it from new.

At the moment, BMW UK & their dealerships has proven to be a real letdown and not what you would expect for a premium brand, it's bad enough to have this known corrosion issue on your car, let alone them trying to evade every opportunity of putting it right.

From where this appears to be going at the moment, it's looks most likely only going to be sorted by going through the courts process, I'm certainly not prepared to back down and give up.

Got my car back today ...

Window trim fixed .

Door trim fix .

Headed mirror fix . ( I THINK )

SCRATCHES STILL REMAINING.

( had half arse go ) 

WINDOW STILL SLOW TO RISE.

( quicker but slower then the rest ) 

BIRD POO BEEN LEFT ON BOOT LID 19 DAYS SO ETCHED INTO PAINT.

Bmw told me to put a complaint into arnold clark, there going to call me back later apparently when spoken to manager.

Tbh may fix window myself and ask bmw to send someone out to sort scratches don't want car back into that bodyshop.

Edited by marko530d

@marko530d Nightmare, what a half arsed effort.

Funny was just looking at bmw's on autotrader to replace my 530i (been on and off flogging it for years, its just so damned good :) ) but then I see this thread and remember what a shartfest BMW dealers are, and do I want another f10 or even another bmw. 12yrs with this brand so far. Kia, Toyota, all keep their word with warranties as far as ive seen. Even vauxhall were pretty good in comparison to Bodyshop Make Work.

Edited by bmwmike